Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXIII - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 04/02/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mscupcakes wrote: »
    Why not take advantage of it by trying to get more people's attention and charge them to come in and watch? You won't get a load of people coming in but an extra fiver here and there couldn't hurt.

Can't really charge people just for walking into the Exchange.

Also, the biggest FG tournament in the world still lets spectators in for free, can't see us getting away with charging :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

chunkis wrote: »
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, this p!sses me off so much.

This person is a new poster who is only starting in our community. She posts a decent idea and you go ahead and post this?

We're not all experienced elite players. If someone has an opinion that he/she feels would benefit the community, he/she should feel comfortable saying it.

It's crap like this that drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Chunkis in pissing people off shocker :pac:

The charging people to spectate is something I've thought about before and the cons outweigh the pros. No one is going to pay just to watch unless they're already fairly heavily involved in the whole thing anyway. And again someone watching might just want to get involved in which case we get more money and more importantly more people (Yes it hasn't happened and probably won't but a guy can dream right? ).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    Chunkis in pissing people off shocker :pac:

The charging people to spectate is something I've thought about before and the cons outweigh the pros. No one is going to pay just to watch unless they're already fairly heavily involved in the whole thing anyway. And again someone watching might just want to get involved in which case we get more money and more importantly more people (Yes it hasn't happened and probably won't but a guy can dream right? ).

We get new people all the time. They're finding out about us somewhere. I think as many avenues as possible for people to find us is a good thing.

We have an MK scene ffs, if you'd said that to me 2 years ago I probably would have laughed in your face :D

• Advertisement

We get new people all the time. They're finding out about us somewhere. I think as many avenues as possible for people to find us is a good thing.

We have an MK scene ffs, if you'd said that to me 2 years ago I probably would have laughed in your face :D

I'm not worried about people not finding us, it's just that everyone that does find us is into fighting games. I would love for there to be a person that just happened to stop by one of the tournaments, get chatting to people, see something hype and decide they want to be involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm not worried about people not finding us, it's just that everyone that does find us is into fighting games. I would love for there to be a person that just happened to stop by one of the tournaments, get chatting to people, see something hype and decide they want to be involved.

Eh, hello? 5 year old commentating girl! :D She's mad for fighting games now I tells ya.

Missed it. And I still havn't watched that video :S

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    Missed it. And I still havn't watched that video :S

And so I direct you this-a-way. OMG___Watch_that__reverse__by_TheUncle2k.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

No

Hey, i don't particularly play fighting games, i just came along one day to see Voa play and ended up sticking around, its not an impossibility!

• Advertisement
Advertisement