Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate's Cottege

Options
  • 20-01-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Has is closed down? It has been closed for the last few days. Have it booked for a party tonight but nobody is answering the phone... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Just passed by, it's still closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/home_more_details/12-01-16/Appoinment_of_Official_Liquidator_Kate%E2%80%99s_Cottage_Limited.aspx

This doesn't look good
    Appoinment of Official Liquidator: Kate’s Cottage Limited
    16 January 2012

P J Lynch of 5-7 Westland Square, Pearse Street, Dublin 2 was appointed official Liquidator on16th January 2012
    Petitioner: Collector General
    Solicitor for the Petitioner: Marie-Claire Maney, Revenue Solicitor
    Registered address: 1 Store Street, Dublin 1
    Last accounts filed: 31/05/2010
    CRO number: 403192

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

Has is closed down? It has been closed for the last few days. Have it booked for a party tonight but nobody is answering the phone... :confused:

Glad to see they were nice enough to let you know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

crushproof wrote: »
    Glad to see they were nice enough to let you know.....

There's a lot of that kind of inconsideration going around. I work next door to a hotel that closed for a while. Pretty much every week we'd get people in asking about, some of them just off a plane saying that they'd had reservations etc. Nobody rang/emailed anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That's a shame

Good spot for lunch and you'd think they could do very well with the IFSC next door

Grand place for after work drinks too and they'd lay on free food if you had good numbers. Ok lots of places do this but it was welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That's a shame

Good spot for lunch and you'd think they could do very well with the IFSC next door

Grand place for after work drinks too and they'd lay on free food if you had good numbers. Ok lots of places do this but it was welcome

Always seemed to have a reasonable trade too. Then again you never know if thats enough to meet the overheads. Obviously not in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Thanks for the replies to the posters above. Haven't had a chance to respond until now but thankfully I managed to get a part of Messrs. Maguire booked for the party at the last minute.

Shame to see the place close alright, as I always enjoyed a pint in there. However, we only made the booking on Monday, which according to the info above is the same day it was wound up. I can understand them not mentioning the pending liquidation to customers but surely it isn't too much to ask for them to have made sure they had a contact number for me in case they had to cancel the reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Thanks for the replies to the posters above. Haven't had a chance to respond until now but thankfully I managed to get a part of Messrs. Maguire booked for the party at the last minute.

Shame to see the place close alright, as I always enjoyed a pint in there. However, we only made the booking on Monday, which according to the info above is the same day it was wound up. I can understand them not mentioning the pending liquidation to customers but surely it isn't too much to ask for them to have made sure they had a contact number for me in case they had to cancel the reservation.

Quite right. Manners cost nothing. Hopefully it will reopen as another pub pretty quickly as its in a great spot.

Speaking of which, has searsons reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

liffeylite wrote: »
    Quite right. Manners cost nothing. Hopefully it will reopen as another pub pretty quickly as its in a great spot.

Speaking of which, has searsons reopened?

No, unfortunately Searson's is still shut..no indication of what's happening there. Shame, I thought most of the staff there were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

No, unfortunately Searson's is still shut..no indication of what's happening there. Shame, I thought most of the staff there were great.

Searson's is part of the Thomas Read group which has gone into receivership.
    Diageo has the lease on the property and are not willing to lower the rent, €8000 a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

nudger wrote: »

Searson's is part of the Thomas Read group which has gone into receivership.
    Diageo has the lease on the property and are not willing to lower the rent, €8000 a week.

Yes. I did read that despite this ridiculous rent price, the pub was still turning a profit. Hopefully the asking rent will come down, as happened with the bailey, and someone will then be able to reopen it. The only good thing about the upward only rents is that if a place does close down, the new owners can then agree a completley new rent price. But as you say, if they wont budge from 8k its gonna be hard to get someone in.

Advertisement