Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City V Spurs

Options
  • 20-01-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So big game we win we cut the gap to two points and get some revenge for the defeat in August we draw not the end of the world hopefully the Arsenal and Chelsea draw or chelsea can loose either that would be great.

If we loose it could start to put us under pressure as we start a tough run of games.

Hoping for a win here with Kompany and the Toure's out for a bit it's going to be tough though and I can see it going either way.

We are missing Sandro, Gallas and Ade

King is doubtful but not ruled out.

I'd like to see

Friedel
    Walker--kaboul--King--BAE

Lennon--Parker--Modric--bale
    VDV
    Defoe

COYS!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only thing i'd change there is i'd put Dawson in instead of King. I love King, but we can't keep on hoping he will be fit for games. Dawson and Kaboul have to have priority imo.

I see a scoring draw. 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd take a draw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gut instinct says we will snatch a win, in same style as the way we beat them at the end of 2009-10 season thanks to Crouchey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think we could win too strangely enough.

I think our midfield could dominate and our pace on the wings will cause them trouble.

1-2 to spurs with a last minute winner from lennon :-)

i dont think we can take this too seriously though, a defeat means we are probably out of the title race but who would have thought we would be in the title race at the end of january.

i still think we will finish 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd take a draw now.

same here.

and as for King if available he has to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd rip your arm off if you offered me a draw TBH but I'd love to win it. In reality I think we all know the longer we challenge for the title the better cause it's longer away from the battle for 3rd/4th.

I'm calling a 2-1 win. Defoe and Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Kiith wrote: »
    Only thing i'd change there is i'd put Dawson in instead of King. I love King, but we can't keep on hoping he will be fit for games. Dawson and Kaboul have to have priority imo.

I see a scoring draw. 1-1.

Did you see Dawson last week .If you did you would not pick him in front of King.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

I think we'll come away with a point. 2-2

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

On paper a draw would be a good result away to the league leader.

But they have been looking fallible this month and are missing their defensive rock and their midfield driving force.

If we show them too much respect we will draw or lose.

If we have a go we can do this and become title contenders for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I have a feeling we will win this game,don't know why cos I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to big games like this.what a day it would be if we pulled it off...COYS.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I think we're gonna win this one and win it well. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Having Defoe up front is going to be a deciding factor in the way we set up.
    The ball has to be kept on the ground, none of those long balls from Daws...

King would be a massive influence for us too..... HR just said "he ain't trained in four weeks, but he played in a Cup Final for Spurs and hadn't trained in six months, don't write him off"

Will Bale be given a free role, I hope not, City have the biggest pitch in the league (ours is close to the smallest) and he and Lennon should be able to exploit the wings and cut in for Defoe or Vdv to score.

They have only shipped 4 goals at home this season and lost none. However, being the underdog will suit us tomorrow, 2-1 to the spurs, coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Liverpool and Chelsea results today done our CL prospects no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

said it before ,

if we win we have to be considered serious contenders if we lose we are still closing the gap.

personally i can see this game go either way. on our day we can beat anybody. also when its not our day i can see us bein beaten by almost anybody!

im on the fence here lads. id take a draw to be honest and be very happy with it. especially if we come out injury free from it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Game 1 of the most critical phase of our season. Anything other than a loss would be a great result. I hope to Jesus Mancini has one eye on the cup game midweek. I have a sneaky feeling Arsenal will win tomorrow, and as has been said before, if they win and we lose, that could kickstart them into a good run over the coming weeks.

I'm not sure what the story with injuries is but I'd be surprised if King were to make it after his hamtring injury a few weeks back. This is the team I'd like to see;

Friedal
    Walker --- Kaboul --- Dawson (presuming King and Gallas are out) --- BAE
    Lennon --- Modric --- Parker --- Sandro --- Bale
    Defoe

I don't think VdV should start, if Dawson does play he needs as much cover as he can get. He was very sloppy against Wolves and if he plays in a similar way Aguero will have a field day. Defoe needs to take this opportunity with both hands, this is his chance to prove to everyone why he should be in the first XI. Bale and Lennon need to stay on the wings when we have possesion, let Modric work his magic in the middle. The counter attack is what will win this game tomorrow, City will start strong and will be in our faces for the whole game. It is absolutely imperative they do not score a first half goal without getting one ourselves. If they are kept scoreless they will get more and more desperate, especially with the way they have been playing in recent weeks, and they will be very vulnerable on the counter. Savic is not a good defender, he looks very inexperienced, Modric is far too clever for De Jong and Bale and Lennon have the beating of Richards all day long. We definitely have an excellent chance here of narrowing the gap, but the lads need to be tuned in right from the off, and Friedal and the back 4 need to play out of their skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sandro is out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sandro is out :(
    Awh damn, I'd go with Livermore in that case but I can't see Harry playing him over VdV. Silva could tear us a new one (again) tomorrow.

I hope Parker cracks Silva in the opening 15min. Not in a scummy way just in a crunching clean tackle. Let him we are not the same team as we were in August.

We need a huge performance tomorrow. I'd take a draw all day long. As much as it kills me to help Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

BELIEVE!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

An injury free draw would suit me fine

• Advertisement

Must say i'm getting excited now......

I'm so nervous rumour has it King starts

Friedel;
    Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale;
    Van der Vaart;
    Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

gwan the king , 2 attacking sides out, i'd take a draw now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Squeaky bum time!!

Anyone any recommendations for watching game in Ranelagh area??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

According to sky earlier, last time we lost when king played was august ....2010!!

Given some of the refs decisions against us this season I would like to see a couple offside goals allowed for us and one of their players sent off for a perfectly timed tackle although to be fair City have had some funny decisions against them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

To dare is to do. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    According to sky earlier, last time we lost when king played was august ....2010!!

Hopefully we can still say that in a couple of hours.

COYS...BIOYC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm very nervous about this. It's our strongest team without Ade, but City aren't quite at full strength missing both of the Toure's and Kompany.

Let's hope we show up. The lads have had a full week off so should be fully rested and up for this.

Advertisement