Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They're at it again!!

• 20-01-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Two bombs explode in Derry last night (thursday)

This both sickens me, and sadens me. Years after the Good Friday, other Angio/Irish and Cross Boarder agreements, ceasefires, decominishing of weapons, etc etc. This shit is still going on.

Its also getting to the stage where you have to seach websites like the BBC to find the story, as if its a common occurance, its not even worth putting it on the front page.

I dont know how well some of you guys know Derry, but Foyle Street and the Strand Road are pretty much City Central, even with a ten minute warning, its amazing that nethier of these bombs killed or injuried.

I know the term not in my name is over used sometimes, but seriously, what are these people trying to prove, alot of them probably weren't even alive, or were only babies during the height of the troubles, and are probably only being brainwashed. So much for the next generation not growing up into this, when there are still people about fighting for a cause that they never grew into or experienced.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The city will be next years UK's city of culture.

Well that will go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

They are the neanderthal dregs of society, and just like the neanderthals they will die out . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Absolute idiots, they dont speak for even 1 percent on the people in the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

"And I guess these young boys dying in the ditches,
    Is just what being free is all about,
    And how this twisted wreckage down on main street,
    Will bring us all together in the end"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

LordSutch wrote: »
    They are the neanderthal dregs of society, and just like the neanderthals they will die out . . . .

Ever heard of that theory that they didn't, but interbred with Homo Sapiens?

I think those guys may well be the living proof of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sindri wrote: »
    Well that will go well.

Thats another sad thing about it, Derry is actually a beautiful City to visit, and attracts people for shows, concerts, sights, its nightlife, as well as a busy commerical centre with the Foyle Side and Richmond Shopping centres. All visited by local, cross boarder and international.

People cant say with the location of thses blasts, that there was not some intent to kill or mane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

"And I guess these young boys dying in the ditches,
    Is just what being free is all about,
    And how this twisted wreckage down on main street,
    Will bring us all together in the end"

And we'll go marching down the road to freedom ... freedom ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

LordSutch wrote: »

Thats what I thought, but this does not seem to be the case, as there are obviously people still being influenced by them to go out and do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Democratic Right

Sad to see that some people cant look forward but have to try and relive what was a disasterous past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Unfortunately you have to keep a close eye on these tinpot idiots in case another 'mistake' like Omagh happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

These **** are probably ignorant of the history of this Island. Some scrotes just want to see the world burn. Even relating their 'cause' to that of republicanism is giving them too much credit. I doubt they even understand the meaning of that word. They're nothing but criminally minded scum-buckets, and should be viewed in no other way than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

someone should sell them REALLY unstable explosives...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

God I physically hate these kunts, they just don't want peace, I don't want a return to our news blighted by their sickening acts and all in my name as an Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Unfortunately their idealism is stoked by the fact that if caught, they will be referred to as "political prisoners" instead of "bombing, murderous scumbags".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Shenshen wrote: »
    Ever heard of that theory that they didn't, but interbred with Homo Sapiens?

As a 'pure breed' the neanderthals did die out, and hopefully these twisted gombeens & their militant approach will die out too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Unfortunately their idealism is stoked by the fact that if caught, they will be referred to as "political prisoners" instead of "bombing, murderous scumbags".

Really?

That shouldn't be at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

They might have to go on a diet to get sympathy from everyone first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Can't believe there are people out there who would even attempt to start up any trouble again.

Honestly whats wrong with these people? Can they not see how much more prosperous the North has become since peace was made?

These guys, whoever they are, are such a waste of life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Firstly the media are doing the right thing by not focusing on it, giving these ****ers oxygen only encourages their twisted ideals.
    Secondly, it's about 8 deranged idiots & a dog, this has no real organisation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement