Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance For Children

• 20-01-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

I have just got a Quote from Hibernian Insurance for car. This includes son undertaking 10 Lessons for which they cost 400 Euro. I thought this was good. They can then be insured on car after first lesson. Will this be the best deal I can get. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

This Ignition driving school is a very good part of the Aviva motor policies after he has passed his test.

http://www.aviva.ie/online/driving/ignition/about/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭PaleRider

Broker. Thanks for replay. It's all new to me at the moment. The two boys are 17 - 18. They are looking forward to starting driving.

Thank again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My brother did this, it was a big saving compared to a years insurance. It cost him €650 for 6 months than €650 for the next 6 month.

The only thing was the lessons were crap. The instructor sat with a laptop on his knee and did paperwork while my brother drove around town for 50 mins, 10 times in 6 months. I dropped him off once to do the lessons and the guy was already set up in his mini office when my brother got in the car.

After 9 month driving, he did 1 pre-test lesson with a local instructor and passed the test first time.

Advertisement