Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina Lidl new bakery extension

Options
  • 20-01-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Keeping up with recent commercial developments I was in Lidl to day to find construction starting on an extension at the front of the shop.

Talking to the lady at the checkout it's a new bakery which will be open 10th March hopefully. Haven't been in one myself but they are supposed to be very good from anybody I have spoken to who has been in one.

Good to see the council don't seem to have a problem with extra development on that street re extra traffic etc At odds somewhat with their thoughts on McD's on the same street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

The lidl bakery is gorgeous, the one in castlebar anyway. Really fresh and nice for the smell alone, i haven't eaten bread in about a year but if it comes to ballina my waistline might suffer!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Are the council going to be pulled up every time there is a planning decision made. The whole McDonald's thing is getting old now. Lidl has a customer base already and though the bakery may attract other customers it's a whole different ball game to the Deanwood site housing a McDonalds drive thru'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Thats good news. Their bakery products are meant to be really nice. However I dont think any bakery will ever make up for the closure of Garveys, that place was just too nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Not sure if it does cakes etc don't think castlebar does, mainly eastern european breads pastries croissants etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

oh thier apple turnovers are delicious!! especially fresh from thier oven!! they have started doin donuts lately in castlebar and they are lovely too!! :D great smell now every time ya walk in to the shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

kegg wrote: »
    oh thier apple turnovers are delicious!! especially fresh from thier oven!! they have started doin donuts lately in castlebar and they are lovely too!! :D great smell now every time ya walk in to the shop!

Aw why did you have to go and tell us about the donuts, they are my weakness!

The apple turnovers are yum alright.

Advertisement