Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What media player do you use?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum so mods feel free to move it.

Asking here because I'm specifically wondering what player people use to play there music?

Finally got around to buying a new laptop for myself today - had being using my dad's old one so didn't bother downloading much stuff onto it as it was fairly slow.

Looking to build up the music collection so boardsies what do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Home: iTunes OS X
    Work: RhythmBox (Linux)
    Windows (rarely): Winamp
    On the go: Music app on iPhone.

Out of them all I'd pick winamp v2.8 every day of the week, hands down the best media player I have ever used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Foobar2000 is by far the best music player out there. It's fairly lightweight so it won't doesn't consume much of your laptop's resources unlike the CPU-hungry iTunes. It lets you manage your music collection very well too and best of all you can customise the user interface to your heart's content.

Winamp would be my second choice and I do use it occasionally. But all I can say is stay away from iTunes, it's a music lover's worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

foobar. The vanilla, straight out of the box version is pretty bleak but it's incredibly customisable. You can download other peoples versions of it so if you don't have to fiddle with it but there are loads of guides out there on how to set it up to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Another pair of votes for Winamp and Foobar 2000 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Thanks for the replies lads. Will download foobar now and check it out.

Came on here initially as I didn't want to use itunes. The flatmate has it on his desktop and it's crazy how slow it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement