Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright Issue

Options
  • 20-01-2012 5:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this isn't a business as such just an idea for a website I was thinking of.

The website would be a tutorial type website on engineering problems. I was thinking of solving questions from books I would buy.

My question would be is this legal or would I be infringing on copyright?

You would need to have a back ground in the subject material or the books themselves to understand what is happening.

Any input is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

It's plaguarism to copy unless you have authority to recreate that content or quote that content so I wouldn't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

There is a website in the USA doing this for college under grads. Providing answers to nearly all of the college text books. If you can't find the answer to your question you can submit it and they will answer it. There is a fee for each answer provided.

Can't remember the site. Might have been run out of Y Combinator.

Advertisement