Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous Teacher?

• 20-01-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

So i'm not ussually one to complain about teachers but i'm looking for your opinions about the situation my Music class was put under today, and the ridiculous things it seems teachers can get away with.

We had Music today and the teacher in question gave us an exam question last night, the class (of 10 students) all handed up the exam question with no problems. Everyday we work off our exam papers.

However at the start of 5th year we were asked to get a Music Workbook. We have never used this workbook. Today, all of a sudden with no warnings etc. the teacher asked us to take out our Workbooks, as we never use them no student had the workbook.

Instead of moving onto something different, the teacher said specifically:

"If your not willing to take this class seriously, i'm going on Strike, i'm not teaching ye, do your own work".

She then sat infront of us and refused to do any teaching. Our Mocks are on Tuesday and we are seriously behind, instead of being a true professional and decent and teaching us, she refused to help or advice us in anyway.

Is it just me or is this situation ridiculous?. We are an extremely well behaved group who never cause any trouble and do the work we're given. I am strongly considering taking this further and bringing this matter to the school principal.

Am I over-reacting or do you think I should complain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Sounds a bit ridiculous alright! Did ye mention to the teacher the fact ye haven't used them all year and a little bit of forewarning wouldn't have gone astray? Everyone can have an off day but it sounds like she's just taking the piss.

You say ye are behind on the coursework aswell? I was always of the opinion that Music was one of the shortest courses on the LC especially seeing as the practical can take 50% of the marks which most people prepare for out of school hours anyway. I'm out of school a good few years now but if I remember correctly we had the course pretty much done in 5th year, that teacher retired then and we got a new teacher where we went through the whole course during 6th year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

That's actually not on!

I'm a very forward myself, and usually amn't afraid to say anything, and I would have, and if they were still unco-operative I would have walked straight out of the room to the principals office, so I would say go to him/her if your teacher does this tomorrow.

Or alternatively, get your parents in, and say something to the principal.

Hope this helps. My method might be a bit brash, but it's how I deal with things. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amydances

This is my impression; Your teacher overreacted and became very defensive...i get the feeling this was nothing to do with yr class but perhaps something happened in the classes before yours....ie something to really upset her or madden her...and unfort it took little to drive her finally off the edge...the fact that she showed no patience or 'sense' in yr class...but she did demonstrate very silly behaviour in front of your class..i bet she feels very foolish, believe me, she will be suffering at knowing this! and yes they are meant to be professional etc etc...blah blah...but they are not robots without feelings either. All the best....

Advertisement