Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange 2 core flex

Options
  • 20-01-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to make a homemade lamp from a bottle but I would like to use orange flex (the sort you'd see on tools usually) but I assume that any of these power cords would be T+E and i'd prefer just twin as a lamp shouldn't need and earth (its a glass bottle and i'll be using a plastic bulb holder).

Is it possible to get orange 2 core flex? would b&q/woodies have it or should I go somewhere that supplies to the trade?

Also, is there any chance at all I'd be able to get an orange torpedo switch?

If I can't get any, would I be safe enough using t+e? Or if i can get that should i use a metal bulb holder and just earth it?

its a jagermeister bottle btw in case your wondering why I want orange flex :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Use 3 core and just snip off and don't terminate the earth core....

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

ft9 wrote: »
    Use 3 core and just snip off and don't terminate the earth core....

didn't think of that! now all i need is a torpedo switch in orange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Get a white one and paint it.

Advertisement