Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gadgetinsurance.ie - do they pay out?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

so im looking at insurance for my phone dose anyone know how (http://www.gadgetinsurance.ie/) are to pay out if u lose phone or drop it etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

are you asking whats covered under the policy or if the company is reputable?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

They don't cover loss (unless you pay extra) or "damp" or rust . But they say they cover water damage so I'm not sure what the difference between damp and water is or how they'd tell the difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the difference between damp and water is or how they'd tell the difference
    They cannot, so that is strike one! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I just had another read of the policy document and what it says is it doesn't cover damage caused by "rust, humidity or damp corrosion"

So it looks like they might cover water damage from something like dropping it in a pint but not corrosion

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Random wrote: »
    are you asking whats covered under the policy or if the company is reputable?
    both really!

i got a phone with three.ie there cover is the same price but im trying to see which on to go with... see if i go with this group i can add more stuff in to the cover like a ipad or what ever!

what i really want to know is if i drop the phone are they going to pay out! or is it such a mess that im better off with three and well hope for the best about the ipad etc :P

thanks for the posts so far, this sort of stuff drives me up the wall! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement