Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could BF3 use a commander ?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

As titles suggests, or is there no need at all.
    I really enjoyed the commander role in BF2.

Vehicle and supply drops were an excellent idea, they could probably remove/edit the mortar barrage in some way, but all the other functionality was excellent, and a decent commander could really help out the team.

Especially on the larger maps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

SeantheMan wrote: »
    As titles suggests, or is there no need at all.
    I really enjoyed the commander role in BF2.

Vehicle and supply drops were an excellent idea, they could probably remove/edit the mortar barrage in some way, but all the other functionality was excellent, and a decent commander could really help out the team.

Especially on the larger maps

NO COMMANDERS

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SeantheMan wrote: »
    edit the mortar barrage in some way
    So that it works? That it didn't take so long to reach it's target? So that the splash damage would main/kill/shock people within a metre of the target? So that it wasn't visible on the enemies map?

Oh, and no commanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It'd make it interesting, coordinate squads instead of having them run around like headless chickens. Obviously dump the artillery strike, god i hated those.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

+1 on some sort of commander.

One person could give commands to squads separately.

Send 2 squads attack that objective 1 squad defend that objective etc. organise some sort of supply drops.

I hold my hand and I would honestly obey commanders orders and stick with squad to do objectives signed.

The only game mode that works very good team work wise - squad deathmatch. Any conquest ends up with 64 lone wolfs :(

Advertisement