Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MG tf soft top service (Galway)

• 20-01-2012 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Can anyone recommend someone in Galway that can fit a rear plexiglas window to an MG TF and service the soft top which would involve adjusting the frame and checking that it's not going to let in any water. Thanks :-) 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd ask this on the classics forum too. There are places in Dublin but don't know any in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread moved.

I'm also interested in this answer aswell, looking for someone to replace my plastic window on my s2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Op I'm meeting a guy tomorrow who is big into the mgf so I'll ask him. I have a mint hardtop for sale too in case you need a quick fix but it's in wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mmarks

I replaced the plexi in mine with a glass heated rear window kit. Did it myself (actually very easy) and all in it cost around 240 Euro. Toook around 1 hour including adjusting the frame and checking for leaks. Well worth it. Smaller viewing area but you get used to that very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Oakley80

Thank you to everyone who responded with advice it's greatly appreciated, mmarks cheers for confidence boost with the DIY self fit, do you have any step by step instructions you may have got from the Internet or did you just figure it out on your own? And where did you buy the glass replacement window? I only have the plexiglas!

Thank you once again everyone, Im new to boards and still getting the hang of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mmarks

I bought it from a chap in the UK who does these for a living - top quality kit (comes with zipped roof section, pop rivets, heated rear window switch, wire etc.) comes with a DVD on how to fit it. Honestly very very easy. I was nervous on doing it but an hour later I had a glass heated rear window.

I will dig out the name of the company. All in (purchase, postage etc.) it was just over 200 euro. And it arrived in 2 days!

Advertisement