Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.2 incoming

Options
  • 20-01-2012 7:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Russian patch went out today from the looks of a 50gig a second spike, so you've only got a few days left for those of trying to grind to a T-34 in time for it become premium.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i dont see any mention of it being released on the russian website yet. they have however a news video up showing the new american tanks and himmelsdorf by night. any1 speak russian?

In other news ,
    23 new skills coming
    Physics is on supertest, but all the maps will need to be reworked before they can release it.
    A new render engine is in the works which might allow weather effects

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wargaming failing to announce something being released, even to those who need to know, is a long recurring issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Looks like the Russian patch went out today from the looks of a 50gig a second spike, so you've only got a few days left for those of trying to grind to a T-34 in time for it become premium.
    So I can assume that they are not adding the t110 with this patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

www.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1iiojtONlvY%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&feature=youtu.be&v=1iiojtONlvY&gl=US
    0:00-0:15 She's introducing herself, saying hi,
    and talking about how this is the first
    Wargaming TV of 2012.
    0:14-0:20 (Not sure here but I'll give it a try)
    I think she's saying something about how
    they're happy we're enjoying the french
    tanks?
    0:20-0:35 She's giving an overview of what
    the video will cover.
    - 2 New game modes
    - Himmelsdorf has lights now
    - Changes and additions to American tank
    tree.
    - New news on World of Warplanes
    0:35-1:02 The Gamemodes
    - One is base defense where one team
    defends and the other attacks
    - The other is king of the hill
    - They will give us more info once they do
    more testing on the new gamemodes.
    1:02-1:36 New Graphics update
    - First map is himmelsdorf with the new
    graphics
    - More testing/They are working on it as
    hard as possible.
    1:40-4:20 Removal of T-34 and T-30
    EDIT 2: By premium I mean it will become
    only accessible to the people who already
    have it if I understand correctly.
    - They don't like how squishy the T-34 and
    T-30 are thus they are replacing them
    - T-34 will become the M103
    - T-30 will become the T110
    - All players who own the T-34 will still own
    them they will become premium and you will
    have the research for the new tanks
    available.
    - The T-30 will become a Tier 9 tank EDIT 3:
    The T-30 will not be premium, tankers who
    own the T-30 will get the new tank.
    4:20-End World of Warplanes
    - The Russian was difficult here
    - Is entering Beta testing phase soon (First
    quarter 2012)
    - Currently 50 testers in Russia, 40 in
    America/Europe/etc.
    - Joystick/Gamepad support
    - They are no longer working on basic game
    mechanics but working on balance and new
    content.
    - Experimental stuff with gold that may be
    added into World of Tanks.

I pulled that off the american forums , doesn't look like it's out yet
    Some the stuff theyre bringing in looks pretty good like the new game modes
    At the end of the end of the video it looks like jets against biplanes haha hardly balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Thanks for the quote :)

Quite interested in the new game modes attack and defence will be fun.

I hope that they bring out the t30 later as I need to buy it still.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Curious, it seems I was wrong. While they are ramping up for 7.2, what went out yesterday to the Russian users was an updated form of 7.1: 134972 instead of the current 131574.

Spear wrote: »
    Curious, it seems I was wrong. While they are ramping up for 7.2, what went out yesterday to the Russian users was an updated form of 7.1: 134972 instead of the current 131574.

Any idea what they patched though ?

Any idea what they patched though ?

None, but I can't read Russian so I wouldn't know if there were public patch notes either way. If it's not a feature update, I'd presume it's just some technical fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

looks sh1te and totally unrealistic representation of the game

• Advertisement

Trailers never represent actual gameplay they try to make it look good. What it does show is the new maps, and a few of the tanks.

it also shows a base with a green flag that seems central on the map. i wonder if its a new game mode

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    it also shows a base with a green flag that seems central on the map. i wonder if its a new game mode

They mentioned some sort of king of the Hill mode , that could be it ?

Not sure but your more observant than me didn't even realise that :D half asleep as always

Official notification I have is for Russian release today at 1600.

Official notification I have is for Russian release today at 1600.

test server or full patch ?
    who is your source , who , whoo?

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    test server or full patch ?
    who is your source , who , whoo?

Full patch.

Another video in Russian. It shows the new US TD's in detail, including the curious detail that the T-28 prototype can't turn it's turret 360 degrees.

And more steps towards the proper physics.

Also no sign of the patch release, and no explanation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Another video in Russian. It shows the new US TD's in detail, including the curious detail that the T-28 prototype can't turn it's turret 360 degrees.

And more steps towards the proper physics.

Ya know what, the 1 thing i got from this video?
    The bird doing the talking is DAM hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

Ya know what, the 1 thing i got from this video?
    The bird doing the talking is DAM hot

The bit just after 1 minute reminds me of the quote form the IT crowd: "What are the delevopers like?" "Standard Nerds" Hot women though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

That's Ola! She's been doing the WarGaming TV episodes (In English too) from the start, I think

So Overlord now says 7.2 won't be in February at all:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/703-eu-questions-answers/page__view__findpost__p__1451215

but he also later says they'll be moving to more frequent smaller patches at least.

So now I'm told 0.7.1.1 is tomorrow for EU, but there's no public announcement yet, and Wargaming have messed up these notifications several times now, so take it with a grain of salt.

So now I'm told 0.7.1.1 is tomorrow for EU, but there's no public announcement yet, and Wargaming have messed up these notifications several times now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Awwww great **** up the x5 special with an update that'll take down the servers for a day :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Awwww great **** up the x5 special with an update that'll take down the servers for a day :rolleyes:
    Don't worry; they'll offer you a 50% discount on the gold honking horns when they come out to compensate knowing the European CS team...

Another day, another patch notification, but again no patch. They really are annoying to work with. They seem to have no proper QA or release process in place and I'm left with the impression that they're still a tiny developer who still don't know how to run a major enough game.

worldoftanks.com/news/1045-72-preview-crew-skills/

Interesting stuff here bout the skills ! Can't wait to get them , though some do look a little Op

And again another notification of a patch release, this time it's for tomorrow for the Russian users and is presumably 7.1.1, though they give a 1gig patch size for it, despite the small increment in version.

Edit: it's confirmed as 7.1.1, so expect it next week for the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm guessing that because 7.1.1 gives you the option to install mods yet keeping a 'clean' copy of the game we'll have to download the entire contents of the res or mods folder all over again.

Advertisement