Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who sells T5 LED light tubes???

Options
  • 20-01-2012 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I want to replace 4 x 13watt T5 light tubes in my under cabinet kitchen lights with some warm white LED tubes instead.

Who sells LED T5 light tubes then?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Have you considered the LED strips as they give a better spread of light all along the work top rather than light and shade. You can get light bars in all 3 light outputs which can plug together via waterproof cable or connect directly to each other with no gaps. Lengths 50 and 100cm. Do not go for lots of LEDS per strip as it maybe too bright.
    Or get the self adhesive strip - but I cannot vouch for this yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

freddyuk wrote: »
    Have you considered the LED strips as they give a better spread of light all along the work top rather than light and shade. You can get light bars in all 3 light outputs which can plug together via waterproof cable or connect directly to each other with no gaps. Lengths 50 and 100cm. Do not go for lots of LEDS per strip as it maybe too bright.
    Or get the self adhesive strip - but I cannot vouch for this yet.

These LED strips that you mention.....how good are they,and are they expensive?

Where could I get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

I think they are very suitable for under cupboard lighting. As you know LED's are an investment for the long term so will not be cheap but will outlast normal tubes by some margin.
    If you want to know where to get them you will have to PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think they are very suitable for under cupboard lighting. As you know LED's are an investment for the long term so will not be cheap but will outlast normal tubes by some margin.

Thanks.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 masheener

You could consider an LED ribbon or good quality led module with a wide angle optic. These options don't take up as much space as T5 fittings.

Make sure the led colour temperature is 3000k or under! Keep it a cozy and warm white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

If you are in Dublin you could try D.E.W.L think they are on the North circular road (moved from mountjoy square) Or if you are in Cork Dwyers On Forge Hill, up near the airport.

Hope this might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

paddy147 wrote: »
    I want to replace 4 x 13watt T5 light tubes in my under cabinet kitchen lights with some warm white LED tubes instead.

Who sells LED T5 light tubes then?

Thanks.:)
    13 watt is one of the oddballs. I seriously doubt you will get a replacement lamp, I imagine you will need a full fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Fred, its ok to share this info on this thread, you were asked a question and you can provide information to the public, your posts are not spam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

LeBash wrote: »
    13 watt is one of the oddballs. I seriously doubt you will get a replacement lamp, I imagine you will need a full fitting.

do GE not do a 13W efficient lamp that fits into a 14Watt holder? maybe the original lamp was a GE efficient type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

Stoner wrote: »
    LeBash wrote: »

do GE not do a 13W efficient lamp that fits into a 14Watt holder? maybe the original lamp was a GE efficient type.

Stoner, I'd say its a Robus type fitting which come t4 and t5. I doubt it is a proper t5 if you know what I mean. I think they are commonly known as pelmets. If it is the case the ecg only has a 2000 hour life. Not worth investing in a new tube IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement