Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argentine protesters rally outside British Embassy in Buenos Aires

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

Yahew wrote: »
    Apparantly it was empty.

well its going to be difficult to ask the dead people if that was true or not. talk about getting rid of all the witnesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

Batsy wrote: »
    Rubbish.

UN law states that all peoples have the right to self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

Part of the Falkland Islands Constitution states that the majority of the inhabitants of the Falkland Islands wish to remain British and therefore the transfer of sovereignty to Argentina would be counter to their right to self-determine.
    brilliant I just need to get the majority the people in my house to declare ourselves a republic. that will put an end to household charges and taxes and the council can shove their septic tank charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i don't get why Britain is willing to put such effort into holding onto a rock on the other side of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    'Few Germans too ;)

and irish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

UK is broke! there's Oil and Gas to exploit. no different than us trying to claim ownership of rockall. Ireland finding vast quantities of natural resources in a reachable location is probably our only hope of a quicker ending to our current financial problems and the UK is no different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement