Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

rovoagho wrote: »
    What's to say it didn't just break with normal wear and tear then, if it was already on the way out?

That's been like that for at least a month, that was when we saw it anyway. For some reason I got the impression it was burned? There was more of it there when I saw it, i thought the edges were burned. Memory is blurry though, maybe not. Anyway, they've been taking their sweet time repairing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

pwurple wrote: »
    That's been like that for at least a month, that was when we saw it anyway. For some reason I got the impression it was burned? There was more of it there when I saw it, i thought the edges were burned. Memory is blurry though, maybe not. Anyway, they've been taking their sweet time repairing it.

i know there was a burn hole in it, we saw a burn mark on it where it looked like they melted some of the plastic away,

i thought with the new gym area teens wouldn't hang out in there i guess i was wrong :(

still i do think we need more play area's in the douglas/maryborough/grange area's at least then we could take our kids to those instead of having to trek to carrigaline, ballincollig or cork city center itself,

i know the dump is going to be a park too which is progress but still, i'd like to see even one other one in the maryborough and donnybrook/grange area's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

hoodwinked wrote: »
    so after all the lovely work done on douglas park (as seen above) i got this lovely photo there last monday:

Saturday: [Today] 13/09/2014 :)

Attracted by the noise from this vehicle
    322058.jpg
    To see this after they left:
    322059.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

oooo maybe they are watching this thread???

if they are, could they maybe add an adult double swing set over by the gym area, might give the teens/big kids who like a swing somewhere to go thats not in the playground????

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Thats great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Progress on the basketball court nearing completion and vandals struck again, again in the last couple of days undoing some of the Douglas Tidy Towns work.

323193.jpg

323194.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

seriously they should stick a cctv camera and hook it up to the garda station :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Urbex

They come down drunk from the mangala and feel the need to destroy everything. I've been verbally and physically abused by them, had bottles thrown at me. Horrible.

Advertisement