Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Zebra crossing one. I reckon the pedestrian could have been behind the windscreen pillar of the car and didn't see her until last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

bit off topic here but What's the laws here with recording the guards when ur pulled with a dash cam do u have to tell them before they approach that they are being recorded ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

pudzey101 wrote: »
    bit off topic here but What's the laws here with recording the guards when ur pulled with a dash cam do u have to tell them before they approach that they are being recorded ??

No film away, probably better off saying nothing, some gards get very arsey if they know they are being filmed but you are under no obligation to tell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

:eek: a quarter a second away from being run over. looks like she even had to walk on the speed bump to avoid being hit by the car :eek:

I was nearly knocked down myself at that same crossing about 3 weeks ago. Was out shopping with girlfriend and some ol' bitch in Merc sailed through missing us by a fraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

RustyNut wrote: »
    No film away, probably better off saying nothing, some gards get very arsey if they know they are being filmed but you are under no obligation to tell them.

Thanks just wanted to know :) , always taught u had to tell them there been recorded due to privacy issues or something :) them dash cams are the job , most insurance company's should make it obligatory to have them installed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

In a public space, filming is fair game. Legally speaking, you've no expectation of privacy in public.

The only issue you might have is if you're filming on private property without permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

New Dashcam :D Nothing too interesting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Your going to get slaughtered for that last one for staying in the over taking lane after the first car you overtook.

ken wrote: »
    Your going to get slaughtered for that last one for staying in the over taking lane after the first car you overtook.

your wrong

it was a van ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dickwod1 wrote: »

Yeah it's sloppy driving, hardly dangerous.

It could equally be called "Stop sign, what stop sign" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Bigcheeze wrote: »

It could, but since we're being pedantic about every video, there actually is no stop sign!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Nino Brown wrote: »
    It could, but since we're being pedantic about every video, there actually is no stop sign!
    It's painted on the road there, chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

pablo128 wrote: »
    It's painted on the road there, chief.

Yeah three times actually, but they're road markings not signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Note: While you can see the culprit coming from the cameras position, I had no way of seeing it from drivers side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭whizbang

Paddy Panic in the Mini, trying to pretend he wasn't asleep.

whizbang wrote: »
    Paddy Panic in the Mini, trying to pretend he wasn't asleep.

She was talking to her mate in passenger seat so was pretty slow moving off.
    A bit earlier I was wondering how secure her luggage was in the folded down rear seat. If that Peugeot had hit her I guess I would have found out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭goodlad

Here is some complete dope that pulled out out in front of me yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Another red light breaker

Nobody said it was dangerous.
    It couldn't because there are no stop signs, only road markings ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

It's sacrilege I know but that wouldn't particularly bother me.
    He's run through a red light for pedestrians where there are no pedestrians and he's got full visibility. Not quite the same thing as running a crossroads with cars possibly coming from all directions.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It's sacrilege I know but that wouldn't particularly bother me.
    He's run through a red light for pedestrians where there are no pedestrians and he's got full visibility. Not quite the same thing as running a crossroads with cars possibly coming from all directions.

The pedestrian crossing lights didn't change themselves, someone must have been there and he didn't even brake, I dont think he even seen them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Double white line and junction ahead? - Time to overtake!

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Double white line and junction ahead? - Time to overtake!

Shocking driving :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

goodlad wrote: »
    Here is some complete dope that pulled out out in front of me yesterday.

Normally you'd expect them to come out with the normal "I didn't see you Mr. Biker" excuse, but this guy knew exactly what he was doing, pull out, it's not like you'd go flying into the side of him as you'd end up a lot worse off. Wanker of the highest order...

Just want to state up front that the junction in the first clip is dodgy and has quite bad visibility when turning right.
    If its a busy day as it is here, you may get stuck for a little longer than you might like, but thats just how it is.

edit to add, for obvious reasons this person is going to be slower than most, still no excuse.

Feel free to skip to 1:30 for the action
    I put the long clip up for the conspiracy theorists.

Some bizarre music on the radio this morning.
    I left the sound in so you could hear the wheel slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

First video is private RA^^^

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    First video is private RA^^^

Should be public now.
    Thanks

I have a dashcam that has an SD card full of roundabout screwups, and the time I meet a car going the wrong way on the Parmerston bypass, I forgot to turn the bloody thing on! :rolleyes:

I have a dashcam that has an SD card full of roundabout screwups, and the time I meet a car going the wrong way on the Parmerston bypass, I forgot to turn the bloody thing on! :rolleyes:

You never forget your first wrong way driver.. or your second!

You never forget your first wrong way driver.. or your second!
    I won't forget to switch it on either (hopefully)!
    The insurance company won't care if it's off, but I could lose a claim without the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

SpaceTime wrote: »
    The driver doesn't understand the rules there. All ENTERING traffic has priority under the older French roundabout rules that apply in this case.
    That's not any old French roundabout rules.
    It's one of the most important rules of driving on the continent saying that on junctions of equal importance, cars coming from the right have priority.
    Roundabout is no different, unless marked opposite (as most roundabouts are).
    I'm noticing a lot of drivers in Ireland assuming that they can drive into traffic like that too. I'm starting to wonder if they're continental drivers making the assumption that 'priorité à droite' rules apply here.

In urban areas in France and Belgium you MUST yield to cars entering the road from the right (left here) unless otherwise indicated by yellow diamond signs.

SpaceTime wrote: »

That system is very widely used all over continental Europe. I just wonder if continental drivers living here sometimes think it applies here. I've been driven out in front of in urban traffic here more than a few times.

Just seeing it on a lot of dashcam footage from Ireland which is why I brought it up, not to throw thread OT.

I'm a continental driver (learned to drive and driven for first 8 years on the continent) and I do think that "giving way to cars coming from the right" applies here in Ireland.
    Because it does.
    It's clearly stated in Road traffic act and rules of the road.

Only difference to continental rules is that it doesn't apply on T junctions, while on the continent it does. In Ireland there is specific rule saying that on T-junction, when you are entering from bottom of T letter, you need to yield to traffic going on the road straight across.

Otherwise, on X junctions where there is no additional signage, you need to yield to cars coming from your right, exactly same as on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some continental driving below:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

wonski wrote: »

Hamilton would never have surrendered the racing line like the black car did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

German plates on the Beemer.
    I'd say he made some dash for the border!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wonski wrote: »

Given its mobile phone footage their must be a back story to this one,

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Given its mobile phone footage their must be a back story to this one,

BMW tailgating them or something else.You never know but whatever the back story was didn't justify this action imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Quick reactions from the Zafira driver.
    Some dick of a BMW driver, doesn't even stop to apologise.

Looks like the Beemer panicked a bit trying to get back in.
    If that had been our blue Punto friend, he'd have stayed out on the other side of the island and caused less fuss...

bear1 wrote: »
    Quick reactions from the Zafira driver.
    Some dick of a BMW driver, doesn't even stop to apologise.

Guys like this do not stop to apologise. I am sure he wanted to move away from the scene asap.

Anybody care to speculate on the standard distance between telecom poles?

• Advertisement

No, not really, but I am sure you will soon find few who will help you to determine the speed based on YouTube Video & eircom practice on the telecom posts placement. Watch the clouds, too;)

I reckon youtube just sped it up for dramatic effect :rolleyes:

Camera perspectives can be deceiving and in the absence of any concrete evidence regarding the speed I think the chances of securing a conviction for that one are slim lads.

What is done and dusted from that video is that "The Overtaker" would have had to commence the overtake on a solid white line approaching a bend. Not a wobbly leg to stand on there

gutteruu wrote: »
    I reckon youtube just sped it up for dramatic effect :rolleyes:

:pac:
    Take it handy horse.. You'll have more of a chance of dodging eejits like those in the clip. Most of my clips have been low speed urban stuff thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Dashcam car travelling at 100kmph

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement