Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Gotta love the way she just carries on and puts the bag in the skip! Some women are just made of steel

Click for link to time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYJZpX-mmk&t=3m45s

[/QUOTE]
    More likly totally oblivious to the fact that it was a tree just got thrown away. :D

I bet she didn't even notice it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Related to the above (this is nasty but thankfully pedestrians head seems to have avoided any direct impact)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

<see post 5756>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Thargor wrote: »
    <see post 5756>

Not Again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah crap I just did that on a previous page with the car that pulls across 3 lanes and gets nailed by a truck aswell... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Weird one now, I left the long version of this video up to show I wasn't undertaking - I don't know why the truck does this ...

(Main piece starts at 0.35)

Shows all the signs of a driver on a mobile phone that slowed to see if this was his exit.

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Weird one now, I left the long version of this video up to show I wasn't undertaking - I don't know why the truck does this ...

(Main piece starts at 0.35)

If you were to have passed him on the left it wouldn't have been an undertake given the hatchings indicate that it's the exit lane and the lane doesn't continue on, it's ok to pass in this case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

cormie wrote: »
    If you were to have passed him on the left it wouldn't have been an undertake given the hatchings indicate that it's the exit lane and the lane doesn't continue on, it's ok to pass in this case :)

Well I disagree. IMO it's undertake as any other and it's illegal.
    But it's not a discussion for this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

this thread has gone to the dogs. Very little ass saving or original material

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

corktina wrote: »

Must mean the roads are safer if fewer people have original material eh??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

CiniO wrote: »

Not sure if we're allowed discuss things in here at all, but would it be alright in this situation to undertake considering ROTR pg 52.

Although in that specific video I would have held back as the lorry driver looked like he may have squeezed his way in at last minute.

2SqmZ4U.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

CiniO wrote: »

Have to disagree, it's an exit lane hence not undertaking so no need to discuss further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Caliden wrote: »
    Have to disagree, it's an exit lane hence not undertaking so no need to discuss further.

I agree...you have effectively signalled your intention to turn left by being in the lane.

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen discussed and confirmed on an older thread here and unless anything has changed since, I'd be 99% confident it's perfectly fine to pass on the left in such situations.

What about a road like this: http://goo.gl/maps/moeWI (first one to come to mind, would have to think harder to remember similar down south). It wouldn't make sense that all vehicles in the left hand lane of the right carriage couldn't be passed on the left by vehicles going on the left carriage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

cormie wrote: »
    I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen discussed and confirmed on an older thread here and unless anything has changed since, I'd be 99% confident it's perfectly fine to pass on the left in such situations.

What about a road like this: http://goo.gl/maps/moeWI (first one to come to mind, would have to think harder to remember similar down south). It wouldn't make sense that all vehicles in the left hand lane of the right carriage couldn't be passed on the left by vehicles going on the left carriage.

Southern equivalent near the end of the M50 northbound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

I had a choice of either invading Belfast to make it "Southern" or fixing the link. Fixing the link seemed easiest.

deandean wrote: »
    It's hard to believe, but the driver survived THIS :eek:

Several pages too late..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92620142&postcount=5656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

The Auxiliary lane between Junctions on the M50 is not looked on as part of the mainline therefore it is okay to pass traffic on the mainline to the left.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4097845,-6.248241,3a,75y,254.68h,95.16t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s8LHcxkGrxeTEXnPepDRrFw!2e0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Spook_ie wrote: »

The Dutch, known the world over for their dykes. But not their Dashcams.

Dutch Dashcams
    josip wrote: »
    The Dutch, known the world over for their dykes. But not their Dashcams.

It's like 17 minutes of watching Audis change lanes on the M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Thoie wrote: »
    It's like 17 minutes of watching Audis change lanes on the M50.

Just imagine what the worst is :)

Anyways European Compilation

Gotta be better than all the talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Caliden wrote: »

Surly you are in the wrong place if you think there is no need to discuss it!! :pac:

Is there a law against undertaking or is there simply advise to refrain from doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Guys, please feel free to start a separate thread if you want to discuss a particular rule or manouver.
    Although this thread is about vids it does allow for discussion too. But if discussion takes over it kinda kills the video fun ifyouknowhatimean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyways European Compilation
    I'd love to know what's happening at about 30 seconds in. It looks like people are getting the hell out of Dodge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What an absolute gombeen, lucky to not get himself killed.

• Advertisement

corktina wrote: »
    Too many minor incidents to save, I'll wait until I've got something worth sharing (hopefully never).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

Two army personnel carriers this morning with no regard for lanes or any cars:

^^ Looks like they drove the R/A correctly, the Peugeot looks like it was crossing lanes?

PS, I think you should have put the video in this Thread,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057288436

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

i was too busy listening to the audio in the backround to notice what happened... very interesting

celticbest wrote: »
    ^^ Looks like they drove the R/A correctly, the Peugeot looks like it was crossing lanes?

PS, I think you should have put the video in this Thread,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057288436

No, there are two lanes around the RB, the trucks moved from the right inner lane to the left outer.

Left most lane at the lights is a slip onto the N81.

MODS: Sorry, this should have been put in RB thread. Feel free to move if necessary.

b318isp wrote: »
    No, there are two lanes, the trucks moved from the right lane to the left.

MODS: Sorry, this should have been put in RB thread. Feel free to move if necessary.
    :eek: Check the road markings again, Peugeot should have stayed in Lane 1, trucks had choice of lane 2 or 3 as lane 2 split into 2 lanes.

Lane_zpsb8b23b82.png

:eek: Check the road markings again[/IMG][/URL]

No, that's not the way it is. You can just about see the faint guide markings that keep the right lane to the right, and left to the left - there is no split. I drive this every work day.

I see why roundabout dashcam vids aren't allowed in this thread..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

This is more of a lane debate. :pac:

This always happens to me too. Am in the correct lane proceeding through the lights while the car beside me tries to barge into me. No, that lane is for traffic turning into he right hand lane not the left ye bint!

/rant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 by the curragh

:eek: Check the road markings again, Peugeot should have stayed in Lane 1, trucks had choice of lane 2 or 3 as lane 2 split into 2 lanes.

No, there are two sets of roadmarkings there. One for traffic crossing the roundabout coming from where those vehicles came from, and one for traffic coming from the right. The trucks entered the roundabout using one set of markings, but incorrectly switched to the other set when they came to where they intersected, thus abruptly ending up one lane to left of where they should have been and nearly flattening the Peugeout which was following the correct set of marking through. Took me about 20 views of the video to figure that out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Haxelrm

love a happy ending nice one

Trucks often have to occupy 2 lanes on roudabouts. Thats why they straddle the 2 on approach to try and prevent anybody coming up on their left.

Its pretty stressful driving a large vehicle, you cant react or drive it the same as a car. Car is easy mode driving.

Not saying the drivers in the video were right, just putting it out there that lorry drivers need a lot more space and understanding. Dealing with car drivers & other motorists when driving a lorry can be an absolute nightmare at times because they dont have any consideration for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

hairybelly wrote: »
    Trucks often have to occupy 2 lanes on roudabouts. Thats why they straddle the 2 on approach to try and prevent anybody coming up on their left.

Its pretty stressful driving a large vehicle, you cant react or drive it the same as a car. Car is easy mode driving.

Not saying the drivers in the video were right, just putting it out there that lorry drivers need a lot more space and understanding. Dealing with car drivers & other motorists when driving a lorry can be an absolute nightmare at times because they dont have any consideration for you.

For an arctic maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

This does my head in,she was in the same lane as me a good few cars down but couldn't wait in line like the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

spider_pig wrote: »
    This does my head in,she was in the same lane as me a good few cars down but couldn't wait in line like the rest of us

Maybe she wanted to let the traffic behind her to turn left?

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    For an arctic maybe

Rigids are less manouverable than artics and the same width. Never drove an artic though so cant comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

hairybelly wrote: »
    Rigids are less manouverable than artics and the same width. Never drove an artic though so cant comment.

If your going around a tight 90 degree bend not a large roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

wonski wrote: »
    Maybe they should have just turned left and fix their problem after that.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

wonski wrote: »

As he says, she was in the same lane as him at first. So she pulled into the left lane, skipped the queue, and pulled back in front of the video poster, like an impatient twat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement