Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

spider_pig wrote: »
    This does my head in,she was in the same lane as me a good few cars down but couldn't wait in line like the rest of us

Justifiable homicide right there - she deserves to be battered to death with her own dirty number plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

As he says, she was in the same lane as him at first. So she pulled into the left lane, skipped the queue, and pulled back in front of the video poster, like an impatient twat.

Ah, ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

wonski wrote: »
    Maybe she wanted to let the traffic behind her to turn left?

Twoshedsjackon got it in one ,she was an impatient twat :D.
    The left lane is clearly marked as left turn only, she had been queuing like everyone else to go straight then i copped her in my side mirror pulling out to jump the que.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Now that made me laugh out loud :D
    Two prize gobsh!tes there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Sleepy driver skip to about 1m 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

D_BEAR wrote: »
    Sleepy driver skip to about 1m 30s.

Those people recording were recording for one reason, they knew something would happen. I was saying to myself, why the hell are you driving so close if you know the person will cause an accident. Just stay as far back as possible..

I won't go as far as saying idiots as they probably didn't expect the worst but I sincerely hope they realise that the Jeep crashing into them would have been completely avoidable if they drove smartly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Reading some of the YouTube comments, you'd swear the people videoing caused the accident.

They stayed well back and were unfortunately caught out at the last second. They continued recording and responded quickly to the accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The driver said that he didn't want to be involved and backed off. Unfortunately he got closer when the driver in front stopped / slowed down to turn left. He probably thought the danger is over.

wonski wrote: »
    The driver said that he didn't want to be involved and backed off. Unfortunately he got closer when the driver in front stopped / slowed down to turn left. He probably thought the danger is over.

Yeh he was too close to begin with then backed off right up to turning left. Then got too close again.

Hindsight is a great thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm not sure I'd be just sitting back waiting for an accident to happen myself. Might try blast the horn a bit to wake the person up and let them know they are all over the place. It looked like they were pulling over to take a rest, hopefully, but many people would have kept on going and tried to fight the tiredness and failed.

cormie wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd be just sitting back waiting for an accident to happen myself. Might try blast the horn a bit to wake the person up and let them know they are all over the place. It looked like they were pulling over to take a rest, hopefully, but many people would have kept on going and tried to fight the tiredness and failed.

You could instigate an awful manoeuvre by blasting the horn.

If a blast of a horn does that, then it's probably inevitable they'll end up hitting something, may as well take a chance trying to wake them up a bit :cool:

If a blast of a horn does that, then it's probably inevitable they'll end up hitting something, may as well take a chance trying to wake them up a bit :cool:

I'm not sure if you'd feel the same hitting the horn and watching as they crash and kill themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

hairybelly wrote: »
    Trucks often have to occupy 2 lanes on roudabouts. Thats why they straddle the 2 on approach to try and prevent anybody coming up on their left.

Its pretty stressful driving a large vehicle, you cant react or drive it the same as a car. Car is easy mode driving.

Not saying the drivers in the video were right, just putting it out there that lorry drivers need a lot more space and understanding. Dealing with car drivers & other motorists when driving a lorry can be an absolute nightmare at times because they dont have any consideration for you.

Well I have lots of consideration and respect for lorry drivers(you have a tough job).... I think most lorry drivers are very decent, in fact I've often had to flash a lorry driver to continue on as he starts to brake when he's approaching a RB at a similar time as myself from a different 'exit'... Shir I'll just zip round when you've made it through, no worries me old China, keep on truckin..... :)

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you'd feel the same hitting the horn and watching as they crash and kill themselves!

I'd probably feel a lot less worse than I would watching a recording I made in the hopes of capturing something for youtube, where I can hear myself or my friend laugh a little as they almost veered into someone and subsequently end up veering into someone else and killing themselves and all occupants of the other car. I'd take my chance on trying to wake them up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Kenny Logins, that video was already posted on the previous page ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Doh, I scrolled up but didn't see it. Asleep at the keyboard. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Wish I had a dash cam today. A driver decided he had taken the wrong exit - Finglas on M50 Southbound & was parked right at the exit barrier. They decide to pull out & then stops in the left lane of the M50.:eek: my kids were nearly left without a mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

them guys talking in the car behind the sleepy driver were laughing and should have sounded the horn or flashed their lights to oncoming traffic.

They even say stay back don't want to be in accident and what happens because they were still too close.

Roads are one seriously dangerous place.

LEIN wrote: »
    stolen from random videos (last 30 secs)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Knine wrote: »
    Wish I had a dash cam today. A driver decided he had taken the wrong exit - Finglas on M50 Southbound & was parked right at the exit barrier. They decide to pull out & then stops in the left lane of the M50.:eek: my kids were nearly left without a mother.

No dash cam here either (I could tape one to my forehead I suppose). Anyways, just saw another near miss when a woman driving a Citroen Picasso suddenly dived into a parking space without indicating or barely even slowing. The car behind her nearly rear-ended her. Their beeping and rude gestures were of no concern to her at all as she chatted away to the man sitting beside her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

My wife told me about this earlier, still not 100% sure about it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

SteM wrote: »

FYP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Thats a tricky one. If coming from the slip road behind, one is not given much road to get across 3 lanes. You really have to bully your way across sometimes to get in on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

There is no way that Zafira came from the slip road. It had to of been on the dual carriage way before the 'tallaght village' crossroads and so had plenty of time to get into the correct lane. If you notice at the start there is an Astra and a motorbike waiting to joint from the slip.
    It is a tricky merge if your wanting to get onto the Belgard rd alright but Mr zarfira can't use that excuse.

Just received a call from the QLD police regarding my dashcam footage. She said they would be taking this person to court, however hoped I had a description of the driver to pin point who it was that was driving.

Unfortunately couldn't see the person as they were speeding. She said they're going to go to the persons address and ask for a confession but if they dont own up to it then they can just put a black mark on their file for any future incidents.

Interesting to see that its being taken very seriously here. Encouraging to be honest.

Hopefully the same is happening back in Ireland.

its being taken very seriously here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvd-zasawo

Interesting to see that its being taken very seriously here. Encouraging to be honest.

Policing by proxy, I suppose that it's considered to be a citizen's duty to inform the police of unlawful activity.

I have images of viewing this thread being assigned as a daily admin task at the Garda Traffic Corps headquarters.

• Advertisement

Thats a tricky one. If coming from the slip road behind, one is not given much road to get across 3 lanes. You really have to bully your way across sometimes to get in on time.

She said there was about 6 car lengths clear behind her so there was no need to bully across from the sounds of it.

joujoujou wrote: »
    FYP :)

Thanks, what did I do wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

jimbis wrote: »
    There is no way that Zafira came from the slip road. It had to of been on the dual carriage way before the 'tallaght village' crossroads and so had plenty of time to get into the correct lane. If you notice at the start there is an Astra and a motorbike waiting to joint from the slip.
    It is a tricky merge if your wanting to get onto the Belgard rd alright but Mr zarfira can't use that excuse.

Wow. Eagle eyes.

You are right.

The tallaght village signage is obscured by a tree that some genius landscape planted .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Unregistered Users

Thanks,
    No problem. :)
    what did I do wrong?
    Too much in a tag.

You put entire address into it:

[noparse]
    [/noparse] - that won't work.

The proper way is to put only that last part after [highlight]?v=[/highlight] thing, like this:

[noparse][/noparse] - this is correct.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

First thing Friday morning ...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

dickwod1 wrote: »
    First thing Friday morning ...

what are we suposed to see here?its very hard to see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

blond45 wrote: »

Yep a brief introduction wouldn't go a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The van driver went over slightly to the OPs side of the road.
    I'd guess it looking very early and bad weather plus the road seems poorly lit that it was an honest mistake. I probably wouldn't have blared the horn at him and merely moved over but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looks like oncoming van is over the middle line. Very hard to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Unregistered Users

CiniO wrote: »
    [...]
    On his way to Specsavers... ;)

Bit of a blind junction tbh.
    But why still drive out!

Bit of a blind junction tbh.
    But why still drive out!

I'd say I was hidden behind his front rail (or whatever you call it - separating windscreen and side window).
    That proves it's very bad practice to try to join main road at angle. Should he have stopped perpendicularly to stop line, then he would see everything.

CiniO wrote: »
    I'd say I was hidden behind his front rail (or whatever you call it - separating windscreen and side window).
    That proves it's very bad practice to try to join main road at angle. Should he have stopped perpendicularly to stop line, then he would see everything.
    Yeah sounds plausible, I was thinking more about the parked cars just before the junction as well restricting view.

Not even a quiet "Kurwa" Cinio? And you call yourself Polish? :D

Not even a quiet "Kurwa" Cinio? And you call yourself Polish? :D

I had my 5 year old daughter in the back. Have to watch myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

bear1 wrote: »
    The van driver went over slightly to the OPs side of the road.
    I'd guess it looking very early and bad weather plus the road seems poorly lit that it was an honest mistake. I probably wouldn't have blared the horn at him and merely moved over but each to their own.
    biko wrote: »
    Looks like oncoming van is over the middle line. Very hard to see.

Very bad driving conditions indeed, looks like the 'offending' vehicles reflection from his lights where the real culprits!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

blond45 wrote: »
    Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Yep a brief introduction wouldn't go a miss.

I'm Sorry, I should have said what happened...

Between the amount of rain on the road, the glare/reflection from the traffic lights and the headlights and their reflection, I didn't see his position till very late, He was slap bang in the middle of the two lanes he was as much in my lane as he was in his, he was driving very fast and heading straight towards me, He didn't even seen me untill I beeped (thats why he moves back over)
    I had no time to check either mirror before moving into the bus lane
    This is a well light 50kph main road (Huntstown Road) at 7.30 in the morning,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I'm Sorry, I should have said what happened...

your windscreen wipers are strangely hypnotic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement