Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The car ripped straight from the field rather than the road, perhaps it was stolen? Drunk driver? Unbelievable that the truck missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

"Is that still filming me?"
    "Yes. Do you want me to switch it off, officer?"
    "No. Leave it running so you can show all your mates that you got a big telling off from a police officer on a horse."

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It won't happen again
    :pac:...

22 maybe. Ha! I read at least 55 on his speedo. Lucky man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

The man was only pulling a wheelie, then along came the high horse brigade............sorry I'll leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

22 maybe. Ha! I read at least 55 on his speedo. Lucky man

67 is the highest I could read. Or roughly, 110km/h

Video says:
    Just to make clear to everyone bike has modification on sprockets so speed is not accurate at all
    But I think that's a pretty obvious attempt to say 'Here's me uploading this clip, let's all have a *wink*wink* *nod*nod* and enjoy the clip for what it is'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

F*** your Yamaha, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

suzuki methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What is it that so many drivers find hard to understand about staying in their own lane? I would say at least 1/4 of the time I go through this junction the people in the right lane drive straight across blocking off the left lane.

This is a particularly brilliant example, asshole blocks lane then goes full on road rage when he gets his own medicine back.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    What is it that so many drivers find hard to understand about staying in their own lane? I would say at least 1/4 of the time I go through this junction the people in the right lane drive straight across blocking off the left lane.

This is a particularly brilliant example, asshole blocks lane then goes full on road rage when he gets his own medicine back.

You don't sound African.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Some pretty awful driving from both of you. I would of held back both times he crossed into my lane and kept my distance. Cutting up the car indicating to turn left in the bus lane was far worse than his poor lane discipline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

This was posted last year ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mickey measuring.

I'm betting a fiver on three pages.

1 Page 5/1
    2 Pages 7/1
    3 Pages Evens
    4 Pages 10/1
    spurious wrote: »
    Mickey measuring.

There's a stereotype joke to be had there somewhere.

Welcome to Dublin have a nice day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Euro general (originally 2Euro shop) put up on their FB page that they have dash cams in stock for 10E.
    just to let ye know.

You don't sound African.

There is no call for racism here pal. :rolleyes:
    n0brain3r wrote: »
    Some pretty awful driving from both of you. I would of held back both times he crossed into my lane and kept my distance. Cutting up the car indicating to turn left in the bus lane was far worse than his poor lane discipline.

Wind your neck in, or at least point it somewhere else. The video is not mine, just popped up on utube and caught my interest as I have seen the same thing there countless times as well as having a colleague who had an idiot crash into him doing exactly the same manouvere there.

I don't agree with the way the camera car cut up the red car in the bus lane at all but to be fair the car only started indicating as he passed it. The SUV driver was the instigator and by far the worst out of the pair of them. Swerving into the other car on purpose, accelerating to cut in front and slam on the brakes. No question but that guy deserves a lengthy driving ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

That was posted and discussed at length before. .. terrible driving from both etc. etc. etc.

Next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

That is just total disregard for the rules of the rd... Like where does the cyclist get off, running a red light like that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

2013? My time machine works!!!

Just to stop that video dragging on, it was posted last year by the actual driver of the dashcam car. He got slated, rightly or wrongly is up to you to decide. In my opinion both gob****es.
    Now to move on before a mod gives us ANOTHER warning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDU7O-3ukvY

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I too have encountered such arrogant Munkey Nuts many times, even today morning too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ardle1 wrote: »
    That is just total disregard for the rules of the rd... Like where does the cyclist get off, running a red light like that?!

And his knees were pointed out and he seems to be wobbling alot/bouncing all over the place, he'd be alot quicker if he stopped at the lights and learned how to ride a bike properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

OK, I know you shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune, but this had me giggling this morning......

It's the M8 just before the Jack Lynch tunnel in Cork and you always get cnuts zipping down the inside on the hard shoulder. This morning the local gendarmerie were waiting with a the welcome mat - hopefully with some sage advice and an FPN!

Jawgap wrote: »
    OK, I know you shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune, but this had me giggling this morning......

And even with the Garda car parked right there you still have idiots merging across the hatched markings.

• Advertisement

And even with the Garda car parked right there you still have idiots merging across the hatched markings.
    That Garda car looked like it was too far to the left for the line jumper to spot and of course there was no way anyone was going to let him back in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Mirror mirror......on the ground.

I wonder if the other lorry lost a mirror as well.
    also on that video at 0:06 you can nearly see the car with only parking lights on. :mad:

I wonder if the other lorry lost a mirror as well.
    also on that video at 0:06 you can nearly see the car with only parking lights on. :mad:

Truck coming towards camera still has the mirror frame, backing looks damaged and glass is probably gone also. It was mostly his fault, he is too far over. Road is narrow but that is just stupid. It is one thing taking up space on cars but there is no point doing it to other large vehicles, they have no more room so it is bound to cause a collision. Another few inches and it would have been a nasty sideswipe or bumper clip.

Jawgap wrote: »

It's the M8 just before the Jack Lynch tunnel in Cork and you always get cnuts zipping down the inside on the hard shoulder. This morning the local gendarmerie were waiting with a the welcome mat - hopefully with some sage advice and an FPN!

Whats with all the sensors, Mr. Sulu looks like he'd be at home there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Whats with all the sensors, Mr. Sulu looks like he'd be at home there.

It's my bike cam. Plus that's only a fraction of the info I could overlay on the video :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Some new stuff from Poland.

To make up for any potential faux pas' here's one with a couple of bikers (one motor bike and the infamous 'don't bully me I'm a woman clip') in the right.

The hard man v. biker one is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Belfast to Dublin and this lad passes too fast, I was doing around 140km/h:

Sorry about the camera angle in this one, ESB didn't look once:

This sh*t boils my blood, 2 times in the past 2 weeks, flashing made no difference:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Stand by for your official welcome to the Dashcam Thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

josip wrote: »
    I got this one guys...

140? speed blah blah... dangerous rabble rabble.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

josip wrote: »
    Gosub wrote: »
    I got this one guys...

140? speed blah blah... dangerous rabble rabble.:D

Has to be mentioned though, what's the speed limit in the north for a dual carriageway? 60 mph is only 96 km/h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Has to be mentioned though, what's the speed limit in the north for a dual carriageway? 60 mph is only 96 km/h

70mph/110kph

Spook_ie wrote: »

Maybe he was just desperate to get back to the South :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

The cyclist goes through the lights and the cars are making their own rules up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What were steps 2-5??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

huggs2 wrote: »
    The cyclist goes through the lights and the cars are making their own rules up.

I have used those lights 14 times since I last saw no-one breaking them! One of the worst in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The golf actually kept going.....wow.

cormie wrote: »
    What were steps 2-5??

:confused: Dont know what you mean sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Caliden wrote: »
    The golf actually kept going.....wow.

I just won't go out in my car anymore without my cam. That golf actually took off on red to start with as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

huggs2 wrote: »
    :confused: Dont know what you mean sorry.
    Listen back to your own video ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Listen back to your own video ;)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I didn't see this one posted above so here it is.

Starts 15 seconds in. A bit nsfw due to colourful language, but rightly so.

The guy was arrested for this.

• Advertisement

Cough... right hand lane hogger..... cough :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement