Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Poland's becoming the second Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sobanek wrote: »

I believe Putin is working on it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Not a lot to see here, but I was amused.

franksm wrote: »

Did you get a look at the driver? Drunk possibly? Old guy/gal and not really aware of what was going on?

Also does anyone know why my 0803 is saying MPH when it's clearing registering KPH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

bladespin wrote: »
    Wonder did the Audi driver hit brake and accelerator at same time - panic reaction, saw something eerily similar while trying to teach someone to drive.

Edit - maybe not, sure looked like they gunned it.

He turned into the corsa as if he was aiming. Audi driver is a dick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sobanek wrote: »

What we call a Kontest measurowny mickey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i wouldn't mess with a Polish guy in a Jagwhah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Where the fook is Cinio?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

franksm wrote: »

He probably didn't like your taste in music either..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

bear1 wrote: »

That's him in the red Peugot

I found him.
    220px-Clinio.quaranta.JPG

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinio_Quaranta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I had right of way with green light filter.
    The cars on the other side of the road have a yield right of way sign.

Ballyowen/Castle Road intersection in Lucan last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

00sully wrote: »
    cycling through the park the other day. posted in cycling forum but it's appropriate for here I reckon. woman goes straight through and over the roundabout! was icy too I was going slow enough but still went into a skid

seems I am now attracting this sort of behavior. I had to mute the audio this time :pac: she 100% saw me but decided to go, I hit the breaks early this time I could nearly see it in her eyes. no licence plate again :mad:

Annoying thing is if she wasn't dawdling around she'd have been out of your way.

I know you were probably hopping mad but have you thought about saying the plate number into your camera's audio?

Annoying thing is if she wasn't dawdling around she'd have been out of your way.

I know you were probably hopping mad but have you thought about saying the plate number into your camera's audio?

true - she was mulling it over and by the time she decided it was too late but she went anyway. good idea about the plate audio :) next time (though hopefully not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Ignorant wagon, that one !
    "mustn't let the bike slow me down"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

seems I am now attracting this sort of behavior. I had to mute the audio this time :pac: she 100% saw me but decided to go, I hit the breaks early this time I could nearly see it in her eyes. no licence plate again :mad:

Ah FFS, someone has it in for you. :pac:

Not that it makes a difference to some drivers, especially the ones that pull out in front of emergency vehicles that have all the lights flashing, but out of curiosity, is your front light static or flashing and bright enough to be seen clearly even in day light.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Ah FFS, someone has it in for you. :pac:

Not that it makes a difference to some drivers, especially the ones that pull out in front of emergency vehicles that have all the lights flashing, but out of curiosity, is your front light static or flashing and bright enough to be seen clearly even in day light.

the light is static (but has a flashing setting I will now use). But after the last time I've added 2 flashing arm lights that are very visible front on. she 100% saw me and deliberated whether to go or not and it was that indecision that caused the near miss.

The muted audio has me saying something along the lines of "Don't bleeping do it!" as I saw her deciding :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

the light is static (but has a flashing setting I will now use). But after the last time I've added 2 flashing arm lights that are very visible front on. she 100% saw me and deliberated whether to go or not and it was that indecision that caused the near miss.

The muted audio has me saying something along the lines of "Don't bleeping do it!" as I saw her deciding :D

Silly question, but you say you slowed down but the video still looks like you took the racing line through the RaB, would it not be an idea to cycle slower in hazardous locations such as the approach to RaBs.

Did you check the Thread Title before posting? :D

It's all your own fault for going faster than a normal bike would.
    Dozy driver, see's bike, subconciously thinks, ok <30kph, lot's of time.
    It would seem that you enjoy your trip through the park, especially the entry, exits at the roundabouts.
    What speed are you maintaining through the roundabouts?
    Is it more than the average car would?
    Although you're completely in the right, I doubt if these will be isolated incidents at that roundabout if you continue through at those speeds.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Silly question, but you say you slowed down but the video still looks like you took theracing line through the RaB, would it not be an idea to cycle slower in hazardous locations such as the approach to RaBs.

It does look fast on the video however I slowed down previously as I approached the entrance (estimate about 15kph maybe less at approach to roundabout down from 30kph) - right was clear so proceeded to pedal on at entrance.

where is the Racing line ? I took the same line as the car ahead. The "bike path" on that roundabout starts at an inaccessible part off the pedestrian footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

josip wrote: »
    Did you check the Thread Title before posting? :D

It's all your own fault for going faster than a normal bike would.
    Dozy driver, see's bike, subconciously thinks, ok <30kph, lot's of time.
    It would seem that you enjoy your trip through the park, especially the entry, exits at the roundabouts.
    What speed are you maintaining through the roundabouts?
    Is it more than the average car would?
    Although you're completely in the right, I doubt if these will be isolated incidents at that roundabout if you continue through at those speeds.

Rediculous victim blaming... what's the "normal" bicycle speed so? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

You'd have been far more visible in the cycle lane though. Doesn't excuse her not seeing you but when it's a game of percentages out there I'd be playing the better odds by cycling in it where possible.

Rediculous victim blaming... what's the "normal" bicycle speed so? :rolleyes:

Apologies if it wasn't obvious that most of my post was tongue in cheek.

But it's also interesting that in the OPs first video of that roundabout he chooses to start the video 1 second after he goes through a stop line without stopping or even slowing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This thread is for DASHCAMS. Not helmet cams from cyclists. We have had this thread ruined by such posts in the past, and it was decided that they would not be allowed. Best post them in the cycling forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Me being an eejit ...

With so many red light runner's out there I was presuming he would go through the lights but instead the driver stand's on the brake.
    That being said this is my mistake, I should have paid better attention,

It was a real close one, you can actually here me exhale when I stop (Then my headlight bulb blows)

To be fair there is a difference between going over on a late amber because it wasn't safe to stop and running a red light. While you might have been a tad close behind the driver in front should have been aware of that.

Debatable either way but I wouldn't be beating myself up on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

This thread is for DASHCAMS. Not helmet cams from cyclists. We have had this thread ruined by such posts in the past, and it was decided that they would not be allowed. Best post them in the cycling forum.

Brilliant- I thought I was misreading the thread title, thanks for lau

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

that was close....

Ass clenchingly close, especially with a wet road surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

gutteruu wrote: »

Jesus christ, they should be shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ardle1 wrote: »

That last clip was scary. What's the normal speed on that road 80kmh? You'd probably be able touch both those cars with outstretched arms. :eek:

As for the 'not so amber gambler' above. Personally I think it might have been a bit dangerous for them to drop the anchor once the light went amber. From the video it looked like they were less than a few metres from the line when it amber. There's a reason why it says 'if safe to do so' and I wouldn't have thought that almost emergency braking to stop in time would be safe.

To be fair there is a difference between going over on a late amber because it wasn't safe to stop and running a red light. While you might have been a tad close behind the driver in front should have been aware of that.

Debatable either way but I wouldn't be beating myself up on that one.

Don't think I'd agree with the part I've bolded to be honest, unless the video is misleading. There's more than enough room between to the cars for the speed they're going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Caliden wrote: »
    Don't think I'd agree with the part I've bolded to be honest, unless the video is misleading. There's more than enough room between to the cars for the speed they're going.

Stopped in time, I don't think there is anything wrong with it either, plenty of space, maybe quicker reaction times :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats just crazy gutteruu, deserve to be reported, the speed they passed at on that narrow road, in them conditions if they had crashed there would be carnage, 5 or 6 cars involved.

Caliden wrote: »

The rule of thumb is the two second rule, if you look at the car in front of the passing the first tree, there isn't two seconds before the OP passes. The fact that the OP came so close to hitting the car infront show that he was a tiny bit too close. He should have been able to stop with the tyres and tarmac rule.
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Stopped in time, I don't think there is anything wrong with it either, plenty of space, maybe quicker reaction times :D

Perhaps but the space you leave should take into account your own reaction time. The OPs seemed reasonable to me but perhaps it could have been quicker.

People underestimate the distance that needs to be left between cars. The distance needs to be judge on the car infront coming to a dead stop instantly to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Remember the drunk I filmed driving all over the place up the Naas road in rush hour. Benny hill music. (Since removed incase it went to court)

I got a call back this from the Garda after a report to traffic watch , must have been a few weeks ago at least.
    The car and driver are known to them for numerous other scumbag offences .
    But after I explained that I did not get the image of the man driving on tape or really got a good look at him, they would not be able to do anything.
    He would certainly deny being in the car at that time I was told.
    If I really wanted I could go and make a statement that could end up in court, but judging from the tone of the Garda voice , i would be wasting everyones time.
    I see there point of view . Pity though. Catch dangerous driver red handed and still have not enough to make it stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

This is why we need ANPR in every garda and GoSafe vehicle, also in fixed locations. The vehicle and driver are well known to the Gardai and he's still driving? Every time he ventures onto the road his reg should trigger an alert to local Garda cars. It wouldn't be long before he was grounded for a long time, I would guess. Obviously, not just that muppet's car but all such deviant drivers.

But this is the land of many laws, but little enforcement, so that will probably never happen. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Tonight

Holy sh!t. I thought we were watching the first car! Then the second...!

Holy sh!t. I thought we were watching the first car! Then the second...!

They both had passed at least 3 cars behind me aswell. Gauranteed they pooped a bit I'd say!

Heres another one from earlier today. More standard irish drivers gob$hites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

They both had passed at least 3 cars behind me aswell. Gauranteed they pooped a bit I'd say!

Betcha they both think they were in the right :D

Gosub wrote: »
    Betcha they both think they were in the right :D

I was thinking the same thing. Then again, find me an Irish driver who thinks they were ever in the wrong. Peugeot was up there hole, beeping, swerving and trying to pass for another 20 minutes after that. All very entertaining.

Seen 2 guys in similar situation last week where 1 swerved on front of other. They eventually got to a roundabout where they went around it twice trying to pass each other and cut the other one from taking an exit. Hilarious to watch!

could have been messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where is this that everybody is in such a hurry?

Where is this that everybody is in such a hurry?

It looks a lot like the Nenagh to Portumna road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It looks a lot like the Nenagh to Portumna road.
    I thought the very same. The stretch after Borrisokane.

Just outside ballacolla on way to durrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I was thinking the same thing. Then again, find me an Irish driver who thinks they were ever in the wrong. Peugeot was up there hole, beeping, swerving and trying to pass for another 20 minutes after that. All very entertaining.

Seen 2 guys in similar situation last week where 1 swerved on front of other. They eventually got to a roundabout where they went around it twice trying to pass each other and cut the other one from taking an exit. Hilarious to watch!

Gob****es indeed, but that's a mighty big brush you have there gutteruu...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement