Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

rizzodun wrote: »
    1349633011941.png

Iceland ? They drive on the other side :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

corktina wrote: »
    Nah, it's Iceland

Don't get it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I think it's an Iceland foods delivery truck. Or else I missed the joke completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Hal1 wrote: »
    I think it's an Iceland foods delivery truck. Or else I missed the joke completely.

ya it passed some people by totally....as did that Iceland truck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

ya it passed some people by totally....as did that Iceland truck!

1349633011941.png

Ok, ok, I'll stop now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

rizzodun wrote: »
    Ok, ok, I'll stop now.....

aye, no need to keep drumming it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Páid wrote: »
    In today's

I think that truck driver has playing Euro Truck Simulator TOO much over the holidays!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just go to utub and read description. :P

[...] The driver then squeezes through the gap on the rainy A-road - thought to be the A706 between Breich in West Lothian and Forth, Lanarkshire, - before roaring away from the mayhem. [...]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Now I understand.
    Conrad, 67, from Falkirk, had been driving behind the truck at 45mph in his camper van with wife Irene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jimbis

First of all I'm sorry for the quality here, I've no access to a computer till tomorrow night but seeing as it's all over the news I thought I'd post this.
    Passed by the scene of the crash that closed the green line tonight. The car took out a lot of junction boxes and ended up on the track, kudos to the driver though he/she didn't do a half job of destroying the place, from what I hear is safe and well. ( you can see the car too the right, on the tracks)

This is filmed from the dashcam with my phone. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

This programme starts next mon. on ch 5.Its about videos from Dash Cams.Could be worth watching.
    http://www.channel5.com/shows/car-crash-tv/episodes/episode-1-710

josip wrote: »
    Now I understand.

I object I have a Camper Van and I never drive it with my wife (cue rimshot?)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

what is going on here?! surely not a legal way to transport a new, unregistered car?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Is the video public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    what is going on here?! surely not a legal way to transport a new, unregistered car?!?!

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Christ, That's brutal. In this day and age new cars should be transported on lorries or trailers. I'd be fairly pissedoff if my new Octavis was delivered to the garage like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I object I have a Camper Van and I never drive it with my wife (cue rimshot?)

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

Falcon L wrote: »
    Is the video public?

yep, should be working now.

also in my haste i didn't put any description! :)

slow moving white van in driving lane with hazards on, with an un registered brand new (skoda?) in front of it, must be only doing 60km/h?

At least they drove slowly:confused:

We don't know if it was unregistered, the plates could fall off for all we know and the car was in limp mode because it broke down:D

Madness. The dealer in question should answer some questions if it was en route to the customer.

• Advertisement

Christ, That's brutal. In this day and age new cars should be transported on lorries or trailers. I'd be fairly pissedoff if my new Octavis was delivered to the garage like that

it has to be illegal on many fronts, no tax, unregistered, no license plate (obviously as its not registered) no insurance, driving at dangerously low speeds on a motorway, anything else?

yep, should be working now.

also in my haste i didn't put any description! :)

slow moving white van in driving lane with hazards on, with an un registered brand new (skoda?) in front of it, must be only doing 60km/h?

It wasn't public, edit the address by deleting the yotube part and it should work.

Fixed it for you anyway;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If there's trade plates up, it may be just about legal, but sensible - not a fecking hope.

They go from Dublin port to Baldonnel on the back of a transport truck, and should only leave on the back of the transport truck. The low speed suggests it's still in transport mode (bit like limp mode), so what it's doing in that state, at that (well, any) point on the M50 is a mystery.

At least it has a "support" vehicle, but totally unbranded.

Very strange, very very strange.

R.O.R wrote: »
    If there's trade plates up, it may be just about legal, but sensible - not a fecking hope.

They go from Dublin port to Baldonnel on the back of a transport truck, and should only leave on the back of the transport truck. The low speed suggests it's still in transport mode (bit like limp mode), so what it's doing in that state, at that (well, any) point on the M50 is a mystery.

At least it has a "support" vehicle, but totally unbranded.

Very strange, very very strange.

Does it register the miles when in "transport mode"?
    I guess it does.

I hope they didn't go too far then.

i looked back at the speed i over took him at, about 65km/h, so he must not be doing anything over 50! on the M50 coming up to rush hour, its plain stupidity imo.

even if its just going 1 exit to tallaght say, it still shouldn't be on a bloody motorway!

I think transport mode restricts the car to 50km/h.

May even still have the suspension blocks in - didn't look to see if she's riding high.

R.O.R wrote: »
    I think transport mode restricts the car to 50km/h.

May even still have the suspension blocks in - didn't look to see if she's riding high.

So it is not even supposed to drive on the public road like that?

Up and down the ramp and some small amount of driving out of the factory and through the dealer's gate maybe?

I know you work in the trade, have you ever seen / heard of a car being transported like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

it has to be illegal on many fronts, no tax, unregistered, no license plate (obviously as its not registered) no insurance, driving at dangerously low speeds on a motorway, anything else?

Plate,tax and not registered could be covered by trade plates,didn't see any though the insurance i assume it covered by the garage,but the low speeds on a motorway and the probable suspension blocks should be a major safety concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

wonski wrote: »

I know you work in the trade, have you ever seen / heard of a car being transported like that?

Work in the trade myself and worked for a main dealer for years. This wouldn't be common practice at all. Cars weren't allowed to be driven on the road until PDI ( pre-delivery inspection ) carried out. PDI involves taking car out of delivery mode and general prep work.. wheel torque, pressure, hubcaps etc.. This car looks fresh off the truck, don't think anyone would chance driving it on the M50 like this. Looks like they got caught out somehow!

Mick55 wrote: »
    Work in the trade myself and worked for a main dealer for years. This wouldn't be common practice at all. Cars weren't allowed to be driven on the road until PDI ( pre-delivery inspection ) carried out. PDI involves taking car out of delivery mode and general prep work.. wheel torque, pressure, hubcaps etc.. This car looks fresh off the truck, don't think anyone would chance driving it on the M50 like this. Looks like they got caught out somehow!

As much as we all like to do a dirty talk on dealers these days, I would never expect it or suggest it to be a common practice.
    I just asked if it ever happened to one of you in the trade;)

I've seen cars unloaded as there is a dealer near work and they do it very carefully, and the cars are being driven from the truck straight to the back yard. Seeing one being driven like that is unusual. I hope they washed it before putting it up in front of the buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

What is the average mileage for a new car - 20/30 km?

Never bought a new car so have no idea.

Imagine the risk that dealer took - stones, dirt etc

I would expect the delivery charge to be refunded if it was my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

"mileage correction"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Probably just going to be sold cheap, y'know " Fell off the back of a lorry"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

wonski wrote: »
    What is the average mileage for a new car - 20/30 km?

My mother bought 2 new cars (2007 & 2009), I collected them for her.

I think they had about 14 km on the clock

i suspect this car will have been supplied to a small dealer ,against a customer order ,who has collected it from the main dealer himself.

i suspect this car will have been supplied to a small dealer ,against a customer order ,who has collected it from the main dealer himself.

We've done that, and it wouldn't leave the supplying dealership in that state.

Other guess from a colleague is that they were desperate for the motor and sent someone from the dealership to collect from Baldonnel and drive it back to the dealership. Much quicker than waiting on the transport company, but I'd have thought they would at least take the laptop to take it out of transport mode, or NVD would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's in Baldonnel? Do all new cars have to go there first before being distributed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

cormie wrote: »
    What's in Baldonnel? Do all new cars have to go there first before being distributed?

National vehicle distribution are based there. http://www.nvd.ie/
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2964856,-6.4345533,391m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

At least he wasn't in the middle lane! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Not seen this one before, saw it as part of a compilation of 2014 dashcams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Chippy01

I hope she bought a lottery ticket after walking away from that one ................. sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The paint bucket absorbed a lot of the energy. Very lucky indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

The car and bus casually just drove away after the accident?? LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

The car driver has probably gone to get the paint off before it dries. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That happens here all the time except the paint is a new one..

I just can't understand why anyone would run, walk whatever onto a road and behind or in front of a large vehicle without looking or even listening.

It's quite shocking stuff I have seen for real not on video and it is different been there believe me.

Curran will be along in a minute. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jimbis

At least if they needed the Yaris as a witness they could follow his trail home :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

This aptly fits in following the above video, witnessed this evening

#crashedlives (almost)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I really wish I could see the previous five minutes, and the five minutes afterwards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement