Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Why was it a fright when he was indicating left and had run out of road ?

He indicated and turned at the same time and i thought i was going to be side swiped. There's plenty off time on that stretch of road to get into the correct lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Surprised he didn't go over the hatchings after going passed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

(Mods, please remove if you think this doesn't belong here)

Another boards user had their car stolen in Swords yesterday morning.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057361554

Silver Ford Focus, 07 D ???
    Edit: Car was stolen at 8.10am from the Holywell estate in Swords

If anybody here has footage for Swords/North County Dublin yesterday morning please save it somewhere to make sure it doesn't get overwritten.
    If you get some time later, perhaps a review of footage might save his ass.

If you were in that area at exactly that time, but can't see a silver Focus on your footage I think that information would also be useful to the OP/Gardai as it might focus their search in other directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Heading home from work yesterday evening….

Naas Road to M50 Slip North Bound.

Don't mind time and date....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I was just about to ask why you were so far up his arse after he's cut across like that (not the worst offence in the world) then I noticed the wanker in the 4x4.

PS You should really set your time and date to avoid issues if you ever need to use the footage.

• Advertisement

I was just about to ask why you were so far up his arse after he's cut across like that (not the worst offence in the world) then I noticed the wanker in the 4x4.

PS You should really set your time and date to avoid issues if you ever need to use the footage.

No issue with the Van driver he just jumped into the lane I had plenty of time to slow down behind him.

It's the 4x4 driver jumping around me at the end of the loop that's the issue, I made sure he knew that I caught it on my dashcam after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

celticbest wrote: »
    I made sure he knew that I caught it on my dashcam after!

How did you manage that?

How did you manage that?

While he was staring me out of it after he's manoeuvre I decided to show him the camera... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

merge-like-a-zip-chch-style_1226307320.jpg

JJJJNR wrote: »
    merge-like-a-zip-chch-style_1226307320.jpg

Looks like his sip got stuck....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

looks to me you passed him on the inside and prevented him from zip merging....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

corktina wrote: »

Look again, I went in behind the van he should have gone in behind me.

I can see where you're coming from and pickup guy probably thought the same.
    But don't the arrows on the road show that the right lane should merge into the left?

Better lane selection by Nico allowed him to pick up a place entering Turn 7, but in the face of Hamilton-type brinkmanship he relinquished it coming into the straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Can I thank this post more than once rather than getting into a "you undertook him" argument :)

josip wrote: »
    Better lane selection by Nico allowed him to pick up a place entering Turn 7, but in the face of Hamilton-type brinkmanship he relinquished it coming into the straight.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Looks like his sip got stuck....

Looked like a pr*ck got stuck in the zip tbh

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Can I thank this post more than once rather than getting into a "you undertook him" argument :)

Undertake, roundabout blah, blah, blah…..

I was in the correct lane, I did not have to merge, I was traveling within the speed limit.

He had plenty of time to merge previously as the van ahead had and did, he came around me on a single lane slip, end of, no more posts from me on this, as usual people come on here crapping on and on as can be seen from the last few pages where there are more posts then videos.

Sign off till my next video cause more controversy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not seen this one before, saw it as part of a compilation of 2014 dashcams

Just on this - imagine had that been red paint!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And your one in the Yaris drives off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Undertake, roundabout blah, blah, blah…..

I was in the correct lane, I did not have to merge, I was traveling within the speed limit.

He had plenty of time to merge previously as the van ahead had and did, he came around me on a single lane slip, end of, no more posts from me on this, as usual people come on here crapping on and on as can be seen from the last few pages where there are more posts then videos.

Sign off till my next video cause more controversy :p

You precipitated that to me (perhaps with one eye on posting the video ? :))

You could have stayed back from the vehicles in front of you knowing that the lanes merge but you decided to pass on the left and press your right of way too aggressively because you were "in the right lane". You also seemed to tailgate the truck way too closely (dangerously?) just to block off the pickup.

Having said that the pickup should have also backed off when it was obvious what you were up too.

Two people suffering from "im in the right" syndrome when really a bit more maturity was needed. IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Fairly aggressive driving by both drivers.
    The fact you tailgated the truck looks like a big FU sign to the other driver.

It you let him merge you would have saved yourself a load of stress and took the moral high ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

The driver of the crewcab should have backed off in that situation.
    The onus was on him to merge safely as his lane was ending.

If he wanted to "keep his spot in the queue" he should have merged over like the truck driver did, when he saw Celticbest coming up on his inside.
    Or just driven in the correct lane to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

This guy is fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sobanek wrote: »
    Jesus Christ!!!

:eek:

Now this was one crazy m**********r:eek:

Jesus Christ!!!

That needs to go to the guards.

traffic_dv@garda.ie

But I'd contact traffic watch by phone and then email it across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Jesus Christ!!!

That should be instant 1yr ban, at least !!

• Advertisement

That needs to go to the guards.

traffic_dv@garda.ie

But I'd contact traffic watch by phone and then email it across.

i agree - being an idiot is one thing. But being a suicidal idiot going ahead with possible head on collision 3 times when overtaking 1 truck is a madness.

That second car is missed by inches if i see correctly:eek:

wonski wrote: »
    i agree - being an idiot is one thing. But being a suicidal idiot going ahead with possible head on collision 3 times when overtaking 1 truck is a madness.

That second car is missed by inches if i see correctly:eek:

I cant understand why he's so far right. You could almost understand it if he'd had an oh **** moment and tried to squeeze in to the left but he almost seems to swing right a touch when the first car is coming towards him.

Must have been drunk or high.

EDIT Partial reg 06-D-??XXX is easily identifiable even in the youtube clip, the raw footage is likely much clearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

7tK2cm.png

Looks like 06D60048

A search says that reg is belong to a 1.6 vectra.

Is that a vectra?.

I'd be a tad careful what's posted ref this inc full number plates. OP please let us know how you get on with the guards if you decide to go that route.

ken wrote: »
    7tK2cm.png

Looks like 06D60048

Blue Vectra 1.6 on mywheels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Jesus Christ!!!

That's the first genuinely dangerous incident I've seen on this thread.

What the hell was he thinking?

• Advertisement

I'd be a tad careful what's posted ref this inc full number plates. OP please let us know how you get on with the guards if you decide to go that route.

What could possibly be wrong with posting opinions on a suicidal driving?

A video was recorded and posted anyway.

Jesus. wrote: »

Blue pill wearing off, blue pill wearing off must get to sheep farm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

As bad as it is, and it is, I don't know what that second car is doing, he obviously saw him coming with the flash he gives but doesn't even move to his left even though there's at least a meter of road allowance there!

cormie wrote: »
    As bad as it is, and it is, I don't know what that second car is doing, he obviously saw him coming with the flash he gives but doesn't even move to his left even though there's at least a meter of road allowance there!

In all honesty I'd be so focused on my hole tightening to the size of a full-stop I'm not sure how I'd react either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Jesus. wrote: »

Really? I've seen a good few wrong way down dual carrigeway drivers on here, before, that said the video above is bad.

I'd say it was a case of he had already stupidly committed to the pass and rather than do the sensible thing and back out and merge he plowed on, you can see him hesitate and before going past the lorry, horrible driving,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

seriously , you have to report that nutjob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Even just post a link to it on the Garda Traffic twitter page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Complete twat.
    I'd honestly post that video onto the Guards tweeter account, they can't ignore it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

bear1 wrote: »
    Complete twat.
    I'd honestly post that video onto the Guards tweeter account, they can't ignore it then.

Have you got twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have you got twitter?

As I'm sure there are many of us here who would gladly share it with the Guards.

Idiots like this need to be stopped!!

Have you got twitter?

No, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bear1 wrote: »
    No, why?

The Gardaí have Twitter,

you could share the video with the Guards, and let them decide if they want to follow up, and contact this guy and tell him he's a bloody idiot.

The Gardaí have Twitter,

you could share the video with the Guards, and let them decide if they want to follow up, and contact this guy and tell him he's a bloody idiot.

I know they do, that's why I said it.
    I don't have twitter so I can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Gardaí have Twitter,

I wonder if they will actually take videos sent via twitter and take action. It would be great if they did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It has been sent to them on twitter so that's that bit over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement