Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

gutteruu wrote: »
    OP & co antagonised someone into driving bad, then recorded it, post it online and moan about it, then are urged to report them.

Antagonised the Citreon into cutting between cars that are close together?Antagonised the Citreon into tailgating other vehicles?
    Antagonised the Citreon into swerving in front of other vehicles?

I don't like the OPs driving but to say that the stupidity of the Citreon is the fault of the OP is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Citroen driver at fault for muppetry.. no argument about it - also shows that undertaking isn't quite the bright/harmless idea some posters on this forum have suggested it is in the past.

As for the "lane hogging".. well if numpties in this country could drive at the appropriate speed (and not 10-20 km/h below it) then others wouldn't be forced to constantly lane change or just sit in the outside lane to get past them. I use the N7 a lot and until you get to Naas the middle/far left lanes are full of these types and HGV's playing elephant racing. Thankfully after that it starts to get better and once you get past Kildare it's pretty much smooth sailing the rest of the way. Inbound it's the same thing.

As for the M50, normal motorway rules are generally impractical on the northside stretch due to the amount of merges and exits over a very short distance (particularly between Blanch and Ballymount) and the volume of traffic combined with the ducking and diving that goes on in that stretch. All lanes should be used as traffic/driving lanes at peak times IMO which is what actually happens anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

gutteruu wrote: »
    Bad driving is one thing but I'm amazed how people are trying to defend it.

OP & co antagonised someone into driving bad, then recorded it, post it online and moan about it, then are urged to report them.

There is no excuse for that driving. Absolutely none.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

OP and others on that road were far more to blame than the undertaker IMO.

Undertaking is a symptom. Hogging is the cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Shane_ef wrote: »
    To be fair, in that scenario I think it's a catch 22, 30/40 seconds is enough time to more in however, the Ar*e behind will in most situations try to position there car in a way that will deter you from pulling back out, Eg. speeding up enough to be at you rear quarter panel.

But if everyone were to move in for those 30/40 second...it would be like widening the N7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

That section of the N7 is the worst stretch of road I have encountered in this country for lane discipline. The left hand lane is routinely empty while we have numpties in the middle lane doing 80 kph, and speed limit police in the right lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Taken YLYL
    10599409_1281881531859034_6291781525382245209_n.jpg?oh=33afb5205d9e27e1ddacf64ed37145da&oe=556D2D1B&__gda__=1432256292_448a06fcc18d654247248d4f3f5d2368
    I think we need these

Normally it's not the first Kangaroo you hit, it's his mate as you swerve right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I wonder what vehicle they were in and the weight of the kangaroo? Seemed to be absolutely no affect on the driving on impact other than the drivers slight swerve attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Well using the incorrect lane is a minor offence compared to swerving in and out of traffic, I reckon a few Boardsie's are going to have a lot trouble if they get caught doing that on the N7 then try blame people driving in the outside lane,
    If the Gardai saw this incident who would they pull over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

cormie wrote: »
    I wonder what vehicle they were in and the weight of the kangaroo? Seemed to be absolutely no affect on the driving on impact other than the drivers slight swerve attempt.

Looks like a big red to me

qwwpqc.jpg

They usually don't get bigger than 50kg.

Judging by the speed and bonnet it looks like they were driving a Ute or bigger, but not quite as big as a Kenworth.

It's the cattle at the creeks that put the sh!ts up me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I was on the Naas road last week coming back to Cork from airport. Driving in left hand lane as I always do unless passing trucks etc. Queue of cars in middle lane and overtaking lane while left hand lane was clear. ****ing infuriating, morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pov06 wrote: »
    But if you watch the clip again you will see that it's not clear. If I will move into the middle lane for 4 seconds and then back into the overtaking lane I will just end up weaving like that nutter in the Citroen...

There was nearly 30 seconds between you passing the first couple of cars and then passing the transit van, should have pulled in IMO. The dude in the Citroen is driving like a dick, but driving that road every day it really gets on my nerves the way people insist on sitting in lane 3 when passing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

He was driving at about 140 km/h at peak points. Please tell me you don't act like that.
    What did your passenger have to say about the Citroens driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

That mad overtake video is very local to me ( about 2 minutes from herselfs house in kinnegad) it happens there all the time. The limit is 80kph but it's a good wide road so no one treats it as an 80k road. 120kph is nearly the going speed in light traffic. These kinds of arseholes are ten a penny. If he was in such a rush he should have paid the 2.90 to take the toll road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    That mad overtake video is very local to me ( about 2 minutes from herselfs house in kinnegad) it happens there all the time. The limit is 80kph but it's a good wide road so no one treats it as an 80k road. 120kph is nearly the going speed in light traffic. These kinds of arseholes are ten a penny. If he was in such a rush he should have paid the 2.90 to take the toll road.

Funny loads of the comments on FB are blaming the slow drivers doing 60 (even though the camera says 80) in a 100km zone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

tk123 wrote: »
    Funny loads of the comments on FB are blaming the slow drivers doing 60 (even though the camera says 80) in a 100km zone :rolleyes:

I drive that road every day going to and from work. It would break your heart. I don't think I ever managed to get up to 80km/ph. There is always some bollox holding traffic up diddling along at 60km/ph.

• Advertisement

Stolen from random videos thread.
    HighLine wrote: »
    Bit of a brown trousers moment for the driver of this car!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31f_1421835325

What a lucky bastard not to kill anybody

Daaryl wrote: »
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31f_1421835325

What a lucky bastard not to kill anybody

The way he dived out from behind the lorry is :eek: shocking, lucky biker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

pablo128 wrote: »
    What did your passenger have to say about the Citroens driving?

What passenger? :)

What passenger? :)
    Oh right. You have a full licence then, even though you're only driving for 4 months?

Oh right. You have a full licence then, even though you're only driving for 4 months?

Yes

• Advertisement

Yes

Very good. Well done for passing your test so soon.

Very good. Well done for passing your test so soon.

Thanks, I was really surprised. I passed after 2 months of driving and that was the soonest I could get a test.

Then again I was driving Transits in the local garage at the age of 16 :)

Pity there is no motorway driving segment to the driving test though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The way he dived out from behind the lorry is :eek: shocking, lucky biker!

Biker wasn't without fault either, why is he driving along the hatchings? But way worse from the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Again NSFW Soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Again NSFW Soundtrack

What did you say to the driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

ken wrote: »

Pretty much unrepeatable! Here's another but soundtrack is on a lighter note

fullstop wrote: »
    Biker wasn't without fault either, why is he driving along the hatchings? But way worse from the car.
    Because a car had suddenly appeared out from behind an oncoming lorry, he was swerving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Please repeat it.

What was their defense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Because a car had suddenly appeared out from behind an oncoming lorry, he was swerving.

Doesn't look like it, he had maybe half a second from where he could see the car to where you see the bike. Its a half bike/half moped, they don't take to swerving without some gymnastics on the part of the drivers. Looks like he was driving down the middle of the hatched section or at the very least right on the very edge with a empty road beside him. And from the wear on the hatchings it looks like a common occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Caliden wrote: »
    Please repeat it.

What was their defense?
    I'd also like to know - considering they were defiant in their flashing their lights at you after stopping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭deandean

Remember the cam video a while back of the guy driving at high speed the wrong way on the Ennis D/C?

Here ya go. The next time I am hit with two points for going 5km/h over the limit I am gonna show the Garda this report :mad:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/banned-driver-caught-driving-wrong-way-down-motorway-at-180kmh-while-smoking-a-cigarette-30928095.html
    A man with nine convictions for hit-and-run incidents, 23 for drink driving, and has had 79 prison terms served upon him, has been given a 10 month suspended sentence and 10 year driving ban after he was found guilty of driving the wrong way on a motorway at 180km/h.
    He pleaded guilty to six changes of dangerous driving in relation to a series of incidents occurring along a 41km stretch of the motorway from Cratloe to Crusheen on June 18.
    Cotter had already been banned from driving for 30 years in 2012, the court heard.

etc etc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I'd have called the Guards on the clip above.

I'd also like to hear what you said, your amongst like minded people here (cough) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

deandean wrote: »
    Remember the cam video a while back of the guy driving at high speed the wrong way on the Ennis D/C?

Here ya go. The next time I am hit with two points for going 5km/h over the limit I am gonna show the Garda this report :mad:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/banned-driver-caught-driving-wrong-way-down-motorway-at-180kmh-while-smoking-a-cigarette-30928095.html
    A man with nine convictions for hit-and-run incidents, 23 for drink driving, and has had 79 prison terms served upon him, has been given a 10 month suspended sentence and 10 year driving ban after he was found guilty of driving the wrong way on a motorway at 180km/h.
    He pleaded guilty to six changes of dangerous driving in relation to a series of incidents occurring along a 41km stretch of the motorway from Cratloe to Crusheen on June 18.
    Cotter had already been banned from driving for 30 years in 2012, the court heard.

etc etc.....
    why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

He's bipolar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

ken wrote: »

I do my dogging in the Phoenix park, thanks.

WTF was the light flashing all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

was that a Garda on a motorcycle at 0:22?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

BMJD wrote: »

Taking note that no one gave a sh1t about the rules for motorways, it appears to be a moped, taking a nod from the cyclist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

He's probably chasing someone doing 101km/h, much more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2ac64ef2944bdced103c1f813d23d919.png

Motorbike looks a bit dark for that, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Ignoring the sad git with the German plates on the Beemer :P I thought this was interesting.

I heard a siren and was looking for blue lights so I could get out of the way, if necessary. Turned out it was this gatso van stopping the tipper. No strobes on the van, just the siren. I suppose it is a Garda vehicle and can do a stop, but with no markings and no strobes it seems odd to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

While rooting through my dashcam stuff, I came across this. The number of one-eyed monsters in this one minute clip is mad. It's not even a busy road.

They're waiting for the bulbs to come out in spring! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They're waiting for the bulbs to come out in spring! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Falcon L wrote: »
    While rooting through my dashcam stuff, I came across this. The number of one-eyed monsters in this one minute clip is mad. It's not even a busy road.

Jeez that's bad, I hope you pulled in to the Chuck Wagon afterwards for a full breakfast bap on soda farls to recover!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

What was he thinking overtaking on a hill, As they say money can't buy skill :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement