Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

:D

2mFAV4g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

soups05 wrote: »
    Take the part after "v=" and put it inside YouTube tags.

Example:
    [HTML]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I can only say one thing: poor cat.

I couldn't do anything. yyyhhhhh sound is my wife.
    I've seen in the mirror that cat managed to stand up and walk away, but i'm not sure in what form he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Dingatron wrote: »
    I've a Blackvue DR380G-HD. They are very straightforward to install, see this link for instructions. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15167 I've it hardwired in so no cables in sight and it starts the minute I open my door.

The speed on the screen seems off for what the car was doing. Is there much of a delay in your experience. I was thinking of getting a smart cam 2HD but I'd love a speed readout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

A clear red light runner, he was trying to go just as the lights changed but the pedestrian crossing light went green instead, just looks like he decided to keep going

Linky -> http://youtu.be/KghTjt7ti24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I thought you were going to crash into him there, full trust in your brakes anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Shane_ef wrote: »

Loving the Transformers soundtrack ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Driver in a Volvo decides he needs to use my lane as well for his massive 4x4 :rolleyes: (2 lanes for turning right)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That's a very Scandinavian looking Santa Fe. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To be fair to the Volvo, the lines had faded so it wasn't all that clear that there are meant to be two lanes coming down that road unless you really know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That's a very Scandinavian looking Santa Fe. :)
    :P Fixed
    flazio wrote: »
    To be fair to the Volvo, the lines had faded so it wasn't all that clear that there are meant to be two lanes coming down that road unless you really know it.
    Get your point, but he still didn't need to drive that far out from the curb, an obviously didn't use his mirrors or he would have seen me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

A minor rear ending caught on dash cam on my way to work the other morning.

A minor rear ending caught on dash cam on my way to work the other morning.

What rear ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

CiniO wrote: »
    What rear ending?
    It took me about 30 seconds to edit it after I posted first....your too quick:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

cormie wrote: »
    I thought you were going to crash into him there, full trust in your brakes anyway :D

Ah if you can't trust your brakes, what can you trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Driver in a Volvo decides he needs to use my lane as well for his massive 4x4 :rolleyes: (2 lanes for turning right)

and straight into the middle lane, why was the m50 upgraded at all....

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    and straight into the middle lane, why was the m50 upgraded at all....

That's the N40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

:P Fixed

Get your point, but he still didn't need to drive that far out from the curb, an obviously didn't use his mirrors or he would have seen me.

Obviously does not feel the need to use his indicators either!

I take that turn a couple of times a week, the lanes etc are very clearly marked, no excuse for what the 4x4 did :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

That's the N40.

have my Dublin blinkers on!

the green sign should have been the giveaway :o

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi All any advice pros and cons on the Smartcam on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

rocky wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/214758499.html
    DOD F500LHD with Full HD 1080P 30FPS

Hi rocky,

how did you get on with this purchase? or is it still in the post :rolleyes:

Thanks
    W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Got it on Monday, avoided customs and I'm still testing it...

The bracket broke after 1 day, but ordered a couple more for 4$ each... in the meantime, my old gps bracket fits almost as well as the original one.

Quality seems good, but it can pickup dashboard reflections when sunny. Probably due to my positioning up behind the mirror, I'll test a few locations...

720p would be the most suitable (it's wider angle than other resolutions), but it seems to have a bit lower quality.

Found this page to be very useful, I upgraded the firmware and seems the 720p issue is fixed, I'm running in 1080p now and will look at the results...

http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

Recommended, but there's a high chance you'll get stung for customs/VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Caught this earlier today in Mulhuddart, let a guy out who forgot to look both ways, near miss

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Caught this earlier today in Mulhuddart, let a guy out who forgot to look both ways, near miss

That's impressive quality footage, what camera or system are you using?, I'm interested in getting something similar myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Stinicker wrote: »

That's impressive quality footage, what camera or system are you using?, I'm interested in getting something similar myself.

Its a blackvue DR380 HD, works really well, im happy with it. Picked it up on eBay for €180
    There is are newer models, the 400 apparently has over heating problems and the 500 is crazy expensive.

http://www.blackvuehd.co.uk/BlackVue_DR380G_HD.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

I got the Itronics ITB, and used it for the first time yesterday.

video of Tallght bypass and a van cutting a red light

sorry about terrible music.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I thought the oul lad at the lights was about to be introduced and recite a poem about the harrowing loneliness of having moved from the country to the big city with that music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

blingrhino wrote: »
    As I' m sure you know voodoo be fiesta was in the wrong - there is a slight blind spot at that junction but the filter light does not come on to turn right for about a minute :eek:
    I thought the civic was in the wrong, have a look again at the clip and note the speed of all the vehicles and then look at the civic - its going twice as quick as everything else.
    Crash earlier today in Dundalk.

• Advertisement

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I thought the civic was in the wrong, have a look again at the clip and note the speed of all the vehicles and then look at the civic - its going twice as quick as everything else.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

So you reckon, that person being at fault at the accident is the person who was driving the fastest?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

So you reckon, that person being at fault at the accident is the person who was driving the fastest?
    No , but if the person in the Fiesta looked and no car was coming and then 2 seconds later a Civic is bombing towards it at twice the speed limit whats it supposed to do when its half way across the junction?

No , but if the person in the Fiesta looked and no car was coming and then 2 seconds later a Civic is bombing towards it at twice the speed limit whats it supposed to do when its half way across the junction?

If he was doing twice the speed limit (which I assume would be 100km/h) then indeed you could call it bombing and probably that could change the matter.

But looking at video and damage cause, I doubt civic was doing anything more than 40km/h.

Obviously I assume speed limit was normal for built up area of 50km/h.

If he was doing twice the speed limit (which I assume would be 100km/h) then indeed you could call it bombing and probably that could change the matter.

But looking at video and damage cause, I doubt civic was doing anything more than 40km/h.

Obviously I assume speed limit was normal for built up area of 50km/h.

I havn't got a breeze what the speed limit was - However I can tell quite clearly that the Civic is going at least twice as fast as every other vehicle in that footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Because it has a green light and is still under the speed limit...

I havn't got a breeze what the speed limit was - However I can tell quite clearly that the Civic is going at least twice as fast as every other vehicle in that footage
    The Fiesta pulled across a lane. The Civic had right of way, the Fiesta pulled in front of it. The Fiesta is at fault.

If your look at the video, the first 3 vehicles in front of the Civic were setting off from lights. One of them was a truck. The Civic came from a few hundred metres back and had a green light. The Civic may have been speeding, but he was only going twice the speed of other cars because they were all pulling away from lights, the Civic was the first car to come to the lights with a bit of distance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you haven't got a breeze then how can you tell clearly?
    Thank god insurance cases will use logic and common sense. Fiesta is 100% in the wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

So, 80 pages on, is there a single post here where a dashcam has actually saved that posters ass?

I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

KamiKazi wrote: »
    So, 80 pages on, is there a single post here where a dashcam has actually saved that posters ass?

I think not.
    Surely if a dashcam did save someone from liability in an accident, they wouldn't be able to upload it due to insurance/legal issues? plenty of near misses shown here which had there been an accident, would easily solve who was liable. Dashcams are definitely worth it for peace of mind IMO.

The Fiesta pulled across a lane. The Civic had right of way, the Fiesta pulled in front of it. The Fiesta is at fault.
    The Fiesta didnt pull out in front of it as it wasn't there at the time it only came after the Fiesta pulled out which would give the Fiesta the right of way - A green light does not mean "GO" it means proceed with caution

If your look at the video, the first 3 vehicles in front of the Civic were setting off from lights. One of them was a truck. The Civic came from a few hundred metres back and had a green light. The Civic may have been speeding, but he was only going twice the speed of other cars because they were all pulling away from lights, the Civic was the first car to come to the lights with a bit of distance.
    EVERY vehicle in every direction was driving slower - the op and the car in front that got through the lights the cars on the far side of the road where the Fiesta was coming from that were going straight every other vehicle was going at a certain speed and then the civic was ... what doing the speed limit?

kceire wrote: »
    If you haven't got a breeze then how can you tell clearly?
    Well if you read my post that you quoted I said I havn't a breeze what the speed limit is but I can tell clearly he is going twice as fast as the other vehicles - Dont get it twisted

Ok so doing 40 kph and cant stop - bonnet bent up to the windscreen airbags gone off ...
    I know if I was doing 40 kph (25 mph) I could stop my car without all that damage

But hey whatever its only my opinion on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

No , but if the person in the Fiesta looked

They would have seen the civic.

RustyNut wrote: »
    They would have seen the civic.
    When they were half way through the junction ...

EDIT -and should of said go go gadget stilt wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭frfintanstack

The Fiesta didnt pull out in front of it as it wasn't there at the time it only came after the Fiesta pulled out which would give the Fiesta the right of way - A green light does not mean "GO" it means proceed with caution

EVERY vehicle in every direction was driving slower - the op and the car in front that got through the lights the cars on the far side of the road where the Fiesta was coming from that were going straight every other vehicle was going at a certain speed and then the civic was ... what doing the speed limit?

Well if you read my post that you quoted I said I havn't a breeze what the speed limit is but I can tell clearly he is going twice as fast as the other vehicles - Dont get it twisted

Ok so doing 40 kph and cant stop - bonnet bent up to the windscreen airbags gone off ...
    I know if I was doing 40 kph (25 mph) I could stop my car without all that damage

But hey whatever its only my opinion on this

Do you drive a fiesta? perhaps one with a large dent in its passenger side?

Do you drive a fiesta? perhaps one with a large dent in its passenger side?

I'm driving since 1997 and have never been involved in a crash

During the boom I drove around Dublin from the northside to the southside east to west every single day (and country runs) and I have avoided near misses due to others careless driving almost everyday,

EDIT - do you drive a Civic perhaps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

During the boom I drove around Dublin from the northside to the southside east to west every single day (and country runs) and I have avoided near misses due to others careless driving almost everyday,

So did most other people, Doesn't mean they are qualified to determine blame in the event of a crash.

The fiesta is 100% at fault and I wonder if the OP provided the video as evidence, then he can post who was liable.

Just because the fiesta is half way through the turn when he gets hit, doesn't put the blame onto the civic.

EDIT - do you drive a Civic perhaps?

If you find yourself having near misses almost every day I suggest you examine your own driving and hazard perception skills.

kceire wrote: »
    So did most other people, Doesn't mean they are qualified to determine blame in the event of a crash.

The fiesta is 100% at fault and I wonder if the OP provided the video as evidence, then he can post who was liable.

Just because the fiesta is half way through the turn when he gets hit, doesn't put the blame onto the civic.

When did I say I was qualified to determine blame ?
    Although you say the Fiesta is 100% wrong?

Paradox much?

If you find yourself having near misses almost every day I suggest you examine your own driving and hazard perception skills.

I said I avoided near misses due to others careless driving almost everyday - please read and think before you reply

Why are we all getting these dash cams again? ahh yes to see all the near misses and see who is to blame

I said I avoided near misses due to others careless driving almost everyday - please read and think before you reply

Why are we all getting these dash cams again? ahh yes to see all the near misses and see who is to blame

I did read it. This is your perception, I would guess the other people involved in these near misses you keep finding your self in might take a different view.

I do between 500 and 2000 K's a week and could count on one hand the number of close calls I've had in the last year and not allways the other drivers fault, but I do try to learn something from every incident so I can better avoid that situation again.

• Advertisement

This is your perception,

Well thanks for clearing that up I was always wondering what it was

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement