Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Barrel wrote: »
    A green light does not mean "GO" it means proceed with caution
    ... which is why I moved forward and used my brake when there were cars obstructing my path. I'm sure if I stayed sitting at a green light a few more chancers would have run the red and the cars behind would have gotten p1ss3d off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

A green light does not mean "GO" it means proceed with caution

The stop line for traffic coming from the left in this video is also 20 feet before the road meets the roundabout so not only has the traffic in the video gone through a red light, they've gone past the stop line and another 20 feet while the light is red.

It happens every day and the roundabout itself has lights on it which are synced so an extra 10-15 cars means blocking the exit most of the time.

I'd tell you to go and see it for yourself but just listen to AA roadwatch and every day you will hear 'heavy on the quincentierry bridge/ headford road' and this balls of a roundabout and peoples inability to obey lights are the cause of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

robfahy wrote: »
    ... which is why I moved forward and used my brake when there were cars obstructing my path. I'm sure if I stayed sitting at a green light a few more chancers would have run the red and the cars behind would have gotten p1ss3d off.

What you done was grand, No probs. I was talking to Shane_ef Saying "Get yourself a banger, insure it and then pull straight out when the lights go green"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There I was thinking only cyclists broke red lights :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

What you done was grand, No probs. I was talking to Shane_ef Saying "Get yourself a banger, insure it and then pull straight out when the lights go green"

And i was being Sarcastic ;)

As i see cars break those lights each time i'm in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

TheChizler wrote: »
    Right of way doesn't imply try to crash if you would be technically in the right...

And once again, try to say to the judge "Yeah I broke the red light, but I didn't think the guy who had a green light would actually move off".
    There would be laughter and "guilty, next"

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Right of way doesn't imply try to crash if you would be technically in the right...
    Yes cars do this all the time at those lights.About another month now and they will be no more or maybe they will change their mind and change it with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

More Russian lunacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Should we have a different thread for Russian dashcams? I feel bad now posting my clips of someone running a red light or cutting me off :)

rocky wrote: »
    Should we have a different thread for Russian dashcams? I feel bad now posting my clips of someone running a red light or cutting me off :)

Should I stop? I find them fascinating! Luckily over here I think between road design and general motoring knowledge it must serve us well.

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    Should I stop? I find them fascinating! Luckily over here I think between road design and general motoring knowledge it must serve us well.

Don't! It's literally car-crash entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

And once again, try to say to the judge "Yeah I broke the red light, but I didn't think the guy who had a green light would actually move off".
    There would be laughter and "guilty, next"
    Yes the person who broke the light would be the wrong, but people advocation getting into a dangerous situation even if they would be in the right haven't thought about the possible concequences to people in the car with right of way. A judge laughing at a RLJer isn't going to be much use if the green light driver or their passengers are injured after aggressively asserting their right of way.

Yes the person who broke the light would be the wrong, but people advocation getting into a dangerous situation even if they would be in the right haven't thought about the possible concequences to people in the car with right of way. A judge laughing at a RLJer isn't going to be much use if the green light driver or their passengers are injured after aggressively asserting their right of way.

Well, I'm not advocating to try it out and I'm not about to do so myself. And I'm not disagreeing with you, I just have zero faith in the Irish justice system.
    We don't know, unless we could study some real life cases.
    Of course the person who rammed a RLJ would not get out and say "I rammed you on purpose", but get out, roll on the ground, clutch their neck and say "My neck! My neck! Oh the pain!" and to the Garda sergeant "Idontknowhecameoutofnowherethatlunaticohmygodi'msotraumatisedIneversawhimcominghejustrammedmeohmygodI'msotraumatised!" whilst sobbing uncontrollably.
    Then try saying in court "He only rammed me for the money!". You'd have to be butchering some kittens at the same time to make yourself look worse.:D
    But I digress...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Well, I'm not advocating to try it out and I'm not about to do so myself. And I'm not disagreeing with you, I just have zero faith in the Irish justice system.
    We don't know, unless we could study some real life cases.
    Of course the person who rammed a RLJ would not get out and say "I rammed you on purpose", but get out, roll on the ground, clutch their neck and say "My neck! My neck! Oh the pain!" and to the Garda sergeant "Idontknowhecameoutofnowherethatlunaticohmygodi'msotraumatisedIneversawhimcominghejustrammedmeohmygodI'msotraumatised!" whilst sobbing uncontrollably.
    Then try saying in court "He only rammed me for the money!". You'd have to be butchering some kittens at the same time to make yourself look worse.:D
    But I digress...

That line with no spaces is so like like like:D really what they and how they would say it..

I was in a crash in my jeep near Sandyford where this idiot didn't know there was a set of lights and came straight through into the side of me.

The only thing I had in my favour was a real decent Garda and what she said to him when he asked what happened.
    He asked her did she know what happened and she 1st answered no and this was what saved me from having to go 50/50 which would have been wrong but I understand for my side or hers very hard to prove as there was no witness or cctv.

I always call the cops as I learnt the hard way when a girl hit my 2 year old car and hers 11 year old in bits.

She hit my wheel arch with hers and only a scuff which came out, she went after me for €800 and called to my house on numerous occasions which I could never figure out.

My insurance company nearly paid out and they were the ones who gave my address which I let them know was a crazy thing for them to do. They believed her story because I never reported the incident. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Not my video just taken from youtube. N7 it seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

ciaran76 wrote: »

Something I could never understand why someone would take that chance, have seen on bin trucks and years ago on the steps at the rear of a denny truck possibly they were hungry but still:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Wow, if he had fallen off, and rolled any direction, if the fall didn't kill him the cars travelling close behind certainly would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Maybe he's a paying passenger on the new Ryanair bus service. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Just a lil vid from today. Not that bad but still stupid. Expecially the overtake that you can't see which he did about 70 or 75 metres from a blind bend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Video taken from the driver's seat, with a potentially life-threatening situation seconds in front of them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i have an itronics itb100-hd, it is an excellent dash cam

now i am not looking for legal advice just a general opinion on the following...

i paid for my car to have a diagnostic check on a problem i was having with my car, they are a highly reputable main dealer

they ran the test and gave me a written report stating something needed to be replaced in the car, quite expensive.

they somehow didnt realise i had a dash cam, and as the mechanic in the dealership had finished his work he started to drive the car out of the workshop... but he had a word with his service manager first stating the part was within spec and did NOT need to be changed..

its all recorded on video...what do i do :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

BArra wrote: »
    i have an itronics itb100-hd, it is an excellent dash cam

now i am not looking for legal advice just a general opinion on the following...

i paid for my car to have a diagnostic check on a problem i was having with my car, they are a highly reputable main dealer

they ran the test and gave me a written report stating something needed to be replaced in the car, quite expensive.

they somehow didnt realise i had a dash cam, and as the mechanic in the dealership had finished his work he started to drive the car out of the workshop... but he had a word with his service manager first stating the part was within spec and did NOT need to be changed..

Very interesting scenario. Your options include:
    - Talk to Joe, or Conor Pope, or someone else in the media
    - Talk to the MD or owner of the garage, and see how quickly you get free servicing, for life, under a new service manager
    - Talk to SIMI, and see what they can do for you
    - Just stick it up on YouTube and wait for the storm to build

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Don't go near the garage again and tell all your friend's,you paid for a check up and now there tying to screw more money out of you,lucky escape really,dash cam has just paid for itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

Tough one. Do you show it and hope for free servicing etc. Or risk them accusing u of blackmail etc filming in secret etc etc.

Could be best to chalk it up to exp and be thankfull for the camera. Just goes to show the benefit!!

Hoping to get my finevu in few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

now i am not looking for legal advice just a general opinion on the following...........its all recorded on video...what do i do :rolleyes:

Go to the garage and kick up a ****storm raving about how your going to post it all over the internet, send it to their dealership franchiser, gaurds etc etc.

Anyone with a bit of cop on will hand you a bit of hush money and free servicing for a few years.

Then post the video and send it to their dealership franchiser anyway. They tried to rob you the same as a regular thief breaking into your house and taking your wallet. Why should you show sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

........................................................as the mechanic in the dealership had finished his work he started to drive the car out of the workshop... but he had a word with his service manager first stating the part was within spec and did NOT need to be changed..............................'

TBH this is why I stopped using "Main Dealers", in some places it's because they're on commission for the extras in others it's because they're just lazy. I only go to garages now where the owner has grease on his hands and cares about the work he and his employees do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dash cam saves your ass :D

At least get it up on youtube for us to chastise :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i had a main dealer tell me i needed new discs as well as pads as the pads had worn down and damaged the discs.

funny thing was, a week before i was booked into the service i noticed the brakes squealing a bit and dropped it into a local garage near my work and they changed the pads as they were indeed worn.

if the main dealer mechanic had even given a cursory look at the brakes he would have seen right away that the pads were brand new and had only been on for a couple of days, but he obviously didn't even look closely enough to spot this.

needless to say i took the car away and didn't go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Happened to me before too. Had a problem with the windscreen washers & brought the car back to the dealer (again a reputable company). The mechanics opened the bonnet & had a quick look. They left it like that for about 10 mins before coming back to fill the windscreen washer tank, closed the bonnet and drove it back out of the garage.

The sh1t hit the fan when we brought the footage back to them to show their manager!

• Advertisement

If you're gonna hit anything, it might as well be an ambulance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Literally cut in half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

dickwod1 wrote: »

Literally cut in half

Pfft , that will buff out. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The start of that is like "The attack of the killer Ambulance" :eek:

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Literally cut in half

Looks like he.....wait for it.... lost the back end.....

Looks like he.....wait for it.... lost the back end.....

Maybe he had had a few beers and was ....... Half Cut ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Finally, a genuine, proper dash cam saves your ass vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

^^^ Your man at 1:27! Ouch!

Wow. Some of them are hilarious. Others are scary. The guy that decides to lie down on the zebra crossing and gets run over :eek::eek::eek:

Strituck wrote: »
    Wow. Some of them are hilarious. Others are scary. The guy that decides to lie down on the zebra crossing and gets run over :eek::eek::eek:

He should be charged for any damage he did to the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

He should be charged for any damage he did to the car.

And I suppose he was.

Oppose to Ireland, in most countries pedestrians and cyclists are responsible for damage the same way as drivers, if accident is pedestrian or cyclists' fault.

If pedestrian runs through the street outside pedestrian crossing right in front of the car, and gets hit, it's pedestrians fault and he has to pay for damage to vehicle.

• Advertisement

The latest Russian upload, check out the guy going into the gates at 0.20 and another at 7.08 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

The latest Russian upload, check out the guy going into the gates at 0.20 and another at 7.08 :D

What happens to the guy giving hand-signals at 2:30 is brilliant! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

what red light? Why bother breaking it, for the sake of 10 seconds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Nothing terribly interesting just some motorbikes doing wheelies

mini wheelie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_ClGtyR3s
    in soviet russia, ambulance accidents YOU! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Chippy01

vibe666 wrote: »
    in soviet russia, ambulance accidents YOU! :pac:

''I called for an ambulance to take you to the hospital''