Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

brokenarms wrote: »
    07 CE driver in the Toyota should really get glasses . Tallaght outside Shamrock Rovers

Toyota The best built cars in the world...
    Drivers can be ****e though..........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Nothing major just a slight over compensation by the bus. I know they have to allow for the swing but it's a bit much I thought...

You are right, noting major. That is a very tight bend/bridge, he'd be in the ditch otherwise.
    It is the Fethard-Clonmel road, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Gotya wrote: »
    That is a very tight bend/bridge, he'd be in the ditch otherwise.

So the bus driver would be in the ditch if he wasn't so far across the line,

What if a bus truck or large van was at the end of the bridge heading in that direction and he came ripping around the corner well across the line like that?

If the bus driver knows its a tight bend/bridge then the bus driver should have slowed down a hell of a lot more to compensate for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Barrel wrote: »
    So the bus driver would be in the ditch if he wasn't so far across the line,

What if a bus truck or large van was at the end of the bridge heading in that direction and he came ripping around the corner well across the line like that?

If the bus driver knows its a tight bend/bridge then the bus driver should have slowed down a hell of a lot more to compensate for it.

Looked pretty slow to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

I'd say he was in a rush to get the last of his Xmas 2014 shopping done!! ;)
    07 CE driver in the Toyota should really get glasses . Tallaght outside Shamrock Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

nicol wrote: »
    I'd say he was in a rush to get the last of his Xmas 2014 shopping done!! ;)
    Was yesterday. cant get the camera to save the date anymore.

Im hoping for a new cam soon with much better quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Dingatron wrote: »
    One from today, hate this type of maneuver.

For the life of me I can't understand what's going on here?
    Is he not just pulling into a gateway at the side of the building there with an automatic gate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Caliden wrote: »
    For the life of me I can't understand what's going on here?
    Is he not just pulling into a gateway at the side of the building there with an automatic gate?
    do you not see the silver car in the first ten seconds undertaking?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ken wrote: »
    do you not see the silver car in the first ten seconds undertaking?.

Couldn't see the trees through the forest....how did I miss that? :o

Caliden wrote: »
    Couldn't see the trees through the forest....how did I miss that? :o
    Desensitized by russian dash cam videos you're waiting for the big bang.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    Desensitized by russian dash cam videos you're waiting for the big bang.

Probably a good thing. :eek: Our driving population has its faults, but we drive 100% better than eastern Europe. Maybe our vids confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Gotya wrote: »
    You are right, noting major. That is a very tight bend/bridge, he'd be in the ditch otherwise.
    It is the Fethard-Clonmel road, right?

Yup that's the Clonmel/Fethard road alright. That's between Slievenamon golf club and Lisronagh. Always a dodgy little bend for people cutting the corner. First time I've seen someone come across the line from the opposite way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A number of bickering posts, and posts referring to those, removed.
    You don't have to agree on everything, but a modicum of decorum is expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mean streets on rte 1 , guy setting this up on rte tried contacting me about this but wasnt interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Got this one tonight. As I come onto the roundabout, look for the guy that's ahead of me indicating right. He then decides he missed his exit and he'll be damned if he's driving all the way around again. I'm not sure what the hell he does after that. I just tried to stay away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

he has to be pissed.

He looks like a foreign driver who is used to the other side the road, who just landed and rented a car.

Totally confused . Probably listing to his Garmin and shouting WTFa I canta exita herea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭andy t

i have a dash cam & its always on,,, good back-up to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

It was an 06CE car if i recall right so not the sort that is usually a rental. Thinking about I doubt he was just trying to make up for a missed turn as he seemed totally confused in his driving. Where he pulls in is a Health centre (closed at that time) and a building site so he wasn't going there. He was just trying to get off the road.
    For oncoming traffic it's a blind bend into the roundabout. A few seconds later and he'd have frontended someone.

Pissed or an idiot I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mousewar wrote: »
    Pissed or an idiot I'd say.
    It is shocking the number of times I see similar behaviour. I used to have to travel across the M50 roundabout at the Beacon, every second or third day someone would miss the turn and instead of accepting the mistake, they would reverse back round to the junction, or the other was taking the wrong exit and they would reverse back up onto the roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

CramCycle wrote: »
    It is shocking the number of times I see similar behaviour. I used to have to travel across the M50 roundabout at the Beacon, every second or third day someone would miss the turn and instead of accepting the mistake, they would reverse back round to the junction, or the other was taking the wrong exit and they would reverse back up onto the roundabout.

What is it about a lot of Irish drivers who cannot accept that They made a mistake and continue on until they find a suitable and safe place to turn back.
    As for the driver in the vid, he saved himself all of 5 - 10 seconds by not going around again and could potentially have caused a serious incident, what a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Considering it's an older type of Passat I seriously doubt it's a rental.
    The person seems really pissed to me, slamming on the brakes the moment they are flashed, not pulling into the right side of the road immediately and the abruptly turning left.
    Mong, I'd be showing this to the police.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

K.Flyer wrote: »
    What is it about a lot of Irish drivers who cannot accept that They made a mistake and continue on until they find a suitable and safe place to turn back.
    As for the driver in the vid, he saved himself all of 5 - 10 seconds by not going around again and could potentially have caused a serious incident, what a moron.

They just think "Ah sure, it's not the Autobahn, sure this is Ireland, it's grand, it's not like we're doing 100 mph, aren't people grand when I park the aul' cattlebox round a blind bend on the backroad, nothing ever happened there, except the odd lunatic who should have known better, sure old Seamus does it all the time and never any bother on him" and beyond that only "must get some brillo pads, swarfega and oxo cubes down the shop".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

andy t wrote: »
    i have a dash cam & its always on,,, good back-up to have

That's the whole point of dash cams I would of thought :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Watch the car coming towards me as I approach the junction. It is very clearly in the "inside" lane, for going straight ahead only. It is also on its' left hand side of the continuous white line, from quite some distance back. I approached the junction, all was clear and just at the last moment, I took a last glance, before committing. That was when I saw the other car skipping across the white line, without any indication, and continued on, simply breezing through the junction, and leaving it the same way, without any indicators! (The little flash of orange was just sunlight catching the lens) I had to stop quite hard, not so obvious on the video.

• Advertisement

An error occurred^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Don't trust people indicating.

2nd clip is interesting. I didn't spot him indicating but maybe he assumed I did.... (don't trust people to see you are indicating) :pac:

http://youtu.be/JrTlKUJ1ycw

One of those nights! This seems to work, re: driver on my right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sogood wrote: »

One of those nights! This seems to work, re: driver on my right.
    Ah, finally a location I recognise. :D

Hmmm.... I wonder who would be held to be in the wrong if a collision actually occurred there. In theory the other driver had the right of way but he changed lane very late in the day. I wonder if the dashcam would have "saved your ass" as per this thread's title and shown that the other driver had a large part to play in any collison...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Dingatron wrote: »
    Don't trust people indicating.

I'm sick of people like that 2nd clip who treat their indicator as a 'WATCH OUT I'M MAKING THIS MANOEUVRE SO YOU'D BETTER MOVE' light. It's a signal of intent......

• Advertisement

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Ah, finally a location I recognise. :D

Hmmm.... I wonder who would be held to be in the wrong if a collision actually occurred there. In theory the other driver had the right of way but he changed lane very late in the day. I wonder if the dashcam would have "saved your ass" as per this thread's title and shown that the other driver had a large part to play in any collison...........

I imagine that in the event of a collision, blame would have been apportioned to both of us, on the basis of video evidence. Otherwise, the other driver could have said that I just pulled out in front of them, as they had the right of way.

Prevention is better than cure and I'm just glad that I took one last look to my right, as is my habit. But the dash cam would certainly have come to my help otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Not my video but shocking driving ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^ Crazy carry on

I'd say there was a previous altercation between the Berlingo and Rav-4 before they came on camera.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

dickwod1 wrote: »

That must be a bus . Trucks are limited to 90kph and that is a very high cam angle. I'm I right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

h3000 wrote: »
    ^^ Crazy carry on

I'd say there was a previous altercation between the Berlingo and Rav-4 before they came on camera.

yeah certainly looks like it, what a idiot trying to pull in like that on a junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

That must be a bus . Trucks are limited to 90kph and that is a very high cam angle. I'm I right?

I think I read that coaches were raised to 100. Buses would be slower than the trucks where are at 90. I think anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

dickwod1 wrote: »

Almost everyone but the dash cam driver was driving like an idiot in that clip!

gutteruu wrote: »
    Almost everyone but the dash cam driver was driving like an idiot in that clip!

Yeah, the guy who moved into the middle lane as the truck did annoyed me. I thought they both were reacting to something ahead of them but then there was nothing. The trucker had to drop a year from the sound of it.

It shows you how easily the two second rule thing can be ruined by people ahead of you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bbk wrote: »
    Yeah, the guy who moved into the middle lane as the truck did annoyed me. I thought they both were reacting to something ahead of them but then there was nothing. The trucker had to drop a year from the sound of it.

It shows you how easily the two second rule thing can be ruined by people ahead of you.

He must of hit 88mph :)

6j49m.jpg

Whoops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Capture.jpg

If you pause at 40 seconds can anyone tell me what those squares on the road are (2 in each lane), I always assumed they were some kind of road monitoring as they seem to lead off to the side of the road but are they recording traffic or the condition of the road surface. Seen them quite a bit on motorways. :confused:

They are for Counting traffic in that pic.

The ones you see on approach to lights are sensors to control the traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Couple of cheap dashcams in Bargain Alerts today:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139832

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unmarked+garda+cars+tonlegee+road

2 unmarked cars on the way to a job on Tonlegee Road, Dublin,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

no need to stop for the STOP sign or the car coming right for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

pauld wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unmarked+garda+cars+tonlegee+road

2 unmarked cars on the way to a job on Tonlegee Road, Dublin,

Link not working...'No results for unmarked garda cars tonlegee road'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Celtic best, it works for me, thatis strange, click the link and scroll down it should be the first video

I really need to figure how to imbed on Boards, is there a how to guide somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

pauld wrote: »
    Celtic best, it works for me, thatis strange, click the link and scroll down it should be the first video

I really need to figure how to imbed on Boards, is there a how to guide somewhere?

Click teh youtube button and paste in the url.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What car is that Rocky? Sounds nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement