Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

a nice simple red light cyclist

How do you know he was nice? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

dharn wrote: »
    Double continuous white lines must mean something else in poland !

Heh I remember when I was 17, and me any my mate were attending driver training to prepare us for driving test, my mate's dad (who used to drive as sales rep) was teaching us: "double continuous white line, means to be careful when overtaking, as there might be vehicles approaching" :) I still remember it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

yoshiktk wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWoh4ipTcXM
    Amount of stupidity in this clip just amazes me. If i had to go back to poland 360cam would be a must.

What's the Polish for "Give it some welly"? Does it translate back into English as "All the world's a stage, and all lanes are yours"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

a nice simple red light cyclist

In rush hour you'll see a minimum of 4-5 cyclists break red lights a that junction in both directions, every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

In rush hour you'll see a minimum of 4-5 cyclists break red lights a that junction in both directions, every time.
    It keeps them out of your way.. I hate passing people on bikes.. I always imagine them falling off. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

6 seconds in and the white car driver gets confused and goes down the wrong way

Why go around when you can go over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

sogood wrote: »
    Hung back from this driver today as we approached the roundabout and glad I did. http://youtu.be/gL_Z7kceBPg
    Hope you got some nice bargains in Manor West :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Why go around when you can go over it

It's a bleedin drive over round about. Do understand that, it's a drive over roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Red Nissan wrote: »
    It's a bleedin drive over round about. Do understand that, it's a drive over roundabout.

Depending on the circumstances it could be considered careless, driving over them, similar to cutting a corner on a right turn for example

I think at least an attempt should be made to drive round them properly as they are used as a traffic calming method as well as a junction.

I am having trouble finding official ruling on driving over them. It is unavoidable in some larger vehicles.

• Advertisement

Depending on the circumstances it could be considered careless, driving over them, similar to cutting a corner on a right turn for example

I think at least an attempt should be made to drive round them properly as they are used as a traffic calming method as well as a junction.

I am having trouble finding official ruling on driving over them. It is unavoidable in some larger vehicles.

I could well be wrong, but as far as I know, it doesnt' matter if it's made with bricks, a circular plot of grass, a load of construction cones, or painted on the road: A roundabout is a roundabout and should be treated as such.

(I regularly drive over one near a Tesco by me, as it's completely redundant, but you're not supposed to, as far as I know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

You can drive straight through them, no bother. They are a few different examples around, this one is just a bit of paint and can be totally driven over, the chap in your vid has done nothing wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

There have been some really good points made recently in relation to the posted videos, but sadly it's not fully appropriate to discuss the points here.

Hows about a dash cam saves your ass discussion thread? That way it means we can discuss the videos & in turn it wont ruin the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

I'm not going to say what I thought they were doing in that car up until the point I seen the car in front moving also :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Can someone pm me when they stop talking about roundabouts? Cheers

No chance of that yet. Its still the roundabout thread here. Another few weeks maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How many pages of roundabout crap has there been so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

bear1 wrote: »
    How many pages of roundabout crap has there been so far?

A "Roundabout" 4 or so. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

IP freely wrote: »
    I'm not going to say what I thought they were doing in that car up until the point I seen the car in front moving also :D

Watched it twice and still don't get what's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Cerco wrote: »
    Watched it twice and still don't get what's happening.

Earthquake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    Stop with the roundabouts please. This is not the thread for it.
    It seems not everyone saw this first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Meanwhile in Russia...
    Nothing amazing, but not a roundabout in sight biggrin.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Need dashcam. Fcuker tried to wipe me out on the M50. Anyone want to give me free dashcam? :P

This conversation about roundabouts just keeps going round and round. Let's have more footage please. Anything but roundabouts:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

If only his reflexes were as fast before the collision!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5e_1408462761

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just a screen shot but .... :eek::confused:

319098.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

9.9, 9.8, 9.9

Saw that, the luck of him.
    Never seen something so scary become so cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Spider-Man on a Suzuki:cool:..:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

BigEejit wrote: »
    If only his reflexes were as fast before the collision!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5e_1408462761

That's unreal! He was super lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Kamili wrote: »
    That's unreal! He was super lucky!

Look about 7 posts above :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

josip wrote: »
    9.9, 9.8, 9.9

No fcuking way, seriously.... THAT SHOULD BE ON SKY NEWS
    :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

ardle1 wrote: »
    Again I'll say Perfect, everything cooool, now if only he had braked 'slightly' on entering the round-about, instead of expecting the lorry to brake.

P.s..I certainly wasn't criticizing anyone, sure nothing happened it's grand, sound, cool and all that jazz, shir it's only an oul vid :cool: ..
    I drive an oul taxi! shir I could post 10 similar incidents a week if you like, I could even make them 'closer shaves' if you like :eek:

I have read that a few times and cant make head nor tail of what you are actually trying to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

josip wrote: »

Is that for real or a fake?
    Either way, that has to be the best dash cam video in a long, long time.
    Imagine trying too explain it to the insurance companies without the video evidence.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Is that for real or a fake?
    Either way, that has to be the best dash cam video in a long, long time.
    Imagine trying too explain it to the insurance companies without the video evidence.

Just hope he was wearing the brown trousers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Again I'll say Perfect, everything cooool, now if only he had braked 'slightly' on entering the round-about, instead of expecting the lorry to brake.

P.s..I certainly wasn't criticizing anyone, sure nothing happened it's grand, sound, cool and all that jazz, shir it's only an oul vid :cool: ..
    I drive an oul taxi! shir I could post 10 similar incidents a week if you like, I could even make them 'closer shaves' if you like :eek:

Close shave? ... I put a video up of a truck who lost vision of where the car beside his left was at a roundabout and had to brake hard so he wouldn't squash him by crossing over the skinny lanes ...I seen this happening and slowed down until the truck passed,

How you think me braking slightly on entering the roundabout would have prevented what happened is beyond me.

Go ahead and post 10 similar incidents a week that's what this thread is for ... (But unfortunately there's nitpickers posting ridiculous comments here too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Dramatic video footage revealing the moment a police car was forced to crash into a vehicle being driven the wrong way down a motorway has been released by West Midlands Police.
    An officer is heard repeatedly shouting “He’s gonna hit us” as the Honda Jazz speeds towards them at 50mph in the dark on the northbound carriageway of the M6 toll near Lichfield on Monday night.
    The police dashboard camera then captures the moment the officers deliberately crash into the car, being driven by a 77-year-old man with dementia.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/video-brave-uk-police-crash-into-wrong-way-motorway-driver-639797.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ken wrote: »
    Dramatic video footage revealing the moment a police car was forced to crash into a vehicle being driven the wrong way down a motorway has been released by West Midlands Police.
    An officer is heard repeatedly shouting “He’s gonna hit us” as the Honda Jazz speeds towards them at 50mph in the dark on the northbound carriageway of the M6 toll near Lichfield on Monday night.
    The police dashboard camera then captures the moment the officers deliberately crash into the car, being driven by a 77-year-old man with dementia.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/video-brave-uk-police-crash-into-wrong-way-motorway-driver-639797.html

Fair play to the cops and all that, very brave lads but there is no way that car was doing 50mph.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

h3000 wrote: »
    Fair play to the cops and all that, very brave lads but there is no way that car was doing 50mph.

Be shocked if anyone has ever driven a Honda Jazz at 50mph.

• Advertisement

50mph my ass. The police car would have pushed a hell of a lot more.
    I'd say 30 max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

bear1 wrote: »
    50mph my ass. The police car would have pushed a hell of a lot more.
    I'd say 30 max
    Police driver moved the police car just before impact so that it was a glancing blow rather than a head on. If it was head on the Honda would have stayed mostly in front of camera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I wonder if he could have faced the car and started reversing away from it. And then when the car hit, the impact would have been relatively light. Then he could just started to apply the brakes and slow him down to a stop. Or would that be impractical?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I think they had stopped traffic behind them so reversing doesn't seem to have been an option. The Cop saying 'he had to' do it would back this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Mousewar wrote: »
    I wonder if he could have faced the car and started reversing away from it. And then when the car hit, the impact would have been relatively light. Then he could just started to apply the brakes and slow him down to a stop. Or would that be impractical?

I had thought the same. Even if he had reversed at the last moment and got up to 10mph going backwards it would lessen the impact and might be the difference between a broken leg and a bruised one.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I think they had stopped traffic behind them so reversing doesn't seem to have been an option. The Cop saying 'he had to' do it would back this up

Well, I'm assuming the traffic wasn't stopped right behind them and there was a bit of room to maneuver. Anyway, I was just trying to think what would be the best course of action in the unlikely event I ever found myself in such a situation.

I had thought the same. Even if he had reversed at the last moment and got up to 10mph going backwards it would lessen the impact and might be the difference between a broken leg and a bruised one.
    The story says "The male driver, from Rowley Regis in the West Midlands, who had earlier been reported missing by his family, was not hurt in the crash. One of the officers suffered a minor injury."
    Seems to me like they made the right decisions....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Seems to me like they made the right decisions....

Not in terms of dash cam footage :pac: Reversing back from a head on collision would have been much cooler and we could have seen the other drivers reaction too :D

We can only be grateful that they didn't go for a stop somewhere on a roundabout!:D

• Advertisement

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    We can only be grateful that they didn't go for a stop somewhere on a roundabout!:D
    Depends which lane they stopped in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement