Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken liver paté

Options
  • 20-01-2012 8:32pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've developed quite a taste for chicken liver paté recently and want to try my hand at making some. So come at me with your best recipes, tips and tricks for the smoothest, most lovely paté you know how to make :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

This one - flipping georgous!

Oh and he suggests pushing it through a sieve to get it really smooth - I tried once but half the lovely, delicious, livery yumminess was lost - I just whizz it until it is pretty much totally smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The more butter the smoother it is, mmmmm calories. I love chicken liver paté, could live on it. A good food processor will get it smooth enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Don't overcook the liver when you're pan frying it. If you're adding alcohol, make sure to flambe and cook it off or it'll be very raw in the finished pate - if needs be, consider removing the liver from the pan, flambe brandy in the juices, cook off the alcohol, return the liver to the pan. You want the liver still pink inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

In fact - here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68675002

My favourite recipe is the one Minder posted by Gary Rhodes - chicken liver pate with bramley apple jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

In fact - here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68675002

My favourite recipe is the one Minder posted by Gary Rhodes - chicken liver pate with bramley apple jelly.

Beat me to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've made Rachel Allen's Chicken Liver Pate for Christmas starters once and it was a proven hit! Super easy and delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have gotten to the stage where I just fry the chicken livers til nearly cooked fully, fry some onions and garlic in butter. I throw all that in a liquidiser til I figure out what herbs I'm gonna use. Then I deglaze the pan with some alcohol (Brandy) and add different herbs.

Rosemary is lovely in it and sometimes I go really heavy handed with the garlic too. Once you have the basics down, you can make it taste really different by adding different herbs, alcohol, etc.

I liquidise it for ages til it's REALLY smooth. From that point I start tasting and adding seasoning anything I think is missing. The worst thing is tasting it while it's warm and runny, but it's so worth it when it's cooled!

When I pour it into ramekins, I melt a little butter and pour over the top to keep it from discolouring.

Advertisement