Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School sizes and principal allowances

• 20-01-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am searching on the Internet for an explaination of the school size categories for the principal and deputy principal allowances! Does anyone know what category is post primary enrollment of 400 students?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

http://www.tui.ie/Salary_Scales/Default.286.html#PRINCIPALS

based on teachers though not students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

trihead wrote: »

Thanks a million! I wonder would it only be based on department paid teachers as in some fee paying schools some teachers maybe school paid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Millem wrote: »
    Thanks a million! I wonder would it only be based on department paid teachers as in some fee paying schools some teachers maybe school paid!

I would imagine it's based on department paid teachers and school paid comes from the school's own funds. Department/VEC pays principal's wages so they are not going to pay a higher wage to a principal because they have made a choice to hire extra teachers not paid by the Department.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK it's also Wholetime equivalents, not the actual number of teachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Is pupil teacher ratio in fee paying 22 to 1 ? If so, would it be 400 pupils divided by 22 therefore 18 whole time teachers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement