Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my saviour!!!

Options
  • 20-01-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

well ppl:)
    just sitting here watching the telly with my joyetech ego t on passthrough on my laptop after three days not even thinking about an analog vaping ry4 while drinking cans of beer(which i coulnt do before at all)im just so happy:Dhave been researching here for a week or so and was a bit wary but this is an amazing way to at least give yourself a great chance to give those other things up!many tnx to all the regular posters on this forum for the advice ive picked up(AND YOU TUBE)looking forward to a more healthy habit and life:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

TV, Laptop,RY4 Vape, Beer.
    Order some Pizza from the laptop and you have everything you need for a good night in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Well done, starting to get busy with new users now.
    It's just a matter of people biting the bullet buying a decent starter kit and they are on the way.
    Well worth giving it a shot if your reading this and are in doubt, whether you give up or drastically cut down, it's worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bru.wicklow

tnx lads
    am now gonnna be a regular poster.(unlike gaming and airsoft forums have no aholes yet?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'll throw my tuppence in here.

Was researching for the last couple of weeks, and once I googled "ecig Ireland" three days ago, got pushed to this sub-forum (who'd've think it?) and all the positive experiences made me jump to purchase and I'm now vaping in the comfort of my couch instead of puffing on the balcony, so thanks for the nudge!
    I've just got to brave my first visit to a pub with it now, and all the mongs wondering why I don't want lung cancer, why I want to really TASTE food again, or how I'll live without that morning after taste in my mouth...
    Atty's weird starting taste still isn't as bad as a normal fag though (former rolly smoker here).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Best of luck, stick with it and always feel free to ask for advice if you need to.

Have to say that since I began vaping, my biggest "OH YEAH" moment, was sitting up in bed on a Sunday morning reading the paper, with a cup of tea in one hand and my ego-t in the other.
    No fumes, no worrying about the kids downstairs and just dropping it onto the duvet to turn the page. That's when I really thought "I could get to like this" :)

• Advertisement

Have to say that since I began vaping, my biggest "OH YEAH" moment, was sitting up in bed on a Sunday morning reading the paper, with a cup of tea in one hand and my ego-t in the other.
    Your "OH YEAH" moment gives me little "OH YEAH" tingles. Sad, really, for me, but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Atty's weird starting taste still isn't as bad as a normal fag though (former rolly smoker here).
    You did blow it out before use didn't you? They put some kind of lube to keep it fresh in at the factory, some people find it foul, some don't notice.

grindle wrote: »

Tank atties is it?
    If so, blow the primer liquid out of a new one before using it.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    You did blow it out before use didn't you? They put some kind of lube to keep it fresh in at the factory, some people find it foul, some don't notice.
    Didn't want to go messing with factory settings my first go, despite the warnings. Apparently they lube it with PG to keep it fresh and/or test it, haven't really needed to blow it out - rather than the 2-3 day yuck some people talk of, mine got nicer on my third non-fag.
    If it gets nicer after this, I'll be ecstatic: it's already leaps and bounds ahead of what I was doing just this morning.
    Didn't realise it would feel so much like a hookah. I can see how it runs up the bills. Might get the lower nicotine mg next time, if it turns out I'm a raging e-cig-fag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah, i'm a new convert to this parts too, was smoking 40 a day for the last 13 years..

My hardest task was when i was sitting infront of my computer making music, i could normally chain smoke 30 cigarettes in a few hours....now, i just have the eGo-T in my hand, and the room smells much nicer. :)

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm a new convert to this parts too, was smoking 40 a day for the last 13 years..

My hardest task was when i was sitting infront of my computer making music, i could normally chain smoke 30 cigarettes in a few hours....now, i just have the eGo-T in my hand, and the room smells much nicer. :)

I mess around with FL 10 but have'nt a clue, just love getting a load of samples together to get something going and mess around with a couple of VST's.

But yeah, like yourself i used to smoke like a trooper stinking the room out, much better now !

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

It's great to see all these positive messages coming through, vaping one of the few things I can say that "does exactly what it says on the tin". Ive just crossed the six months and been keeping a running total on spending, €381 to date on gear and liquids, would have spent €1350 on fags in the same time €969 saved. This combined with all the advantages mentioned in the above posts makes this a "no brainer". I've just ordered up some stuff for DIY mixing which should lower costs a fair bit and amuse the "inner chemist" in me, I've been mixing and matching ready made liquids for a while so this is just taking it to the next step.
    Thanks to everyone on this forum for advice, information and good humour.

derra wrote: »
    I mess around with FL 10 but have'nt a clue, just love getting a load of samples together to get something going and mess around with a couple of VST's.

But yeah, like yourself i used to smoke like a trooper stinking the room out, much better now !
    I've neer actually used FL, would like to try it some day to see what it's like, I use ableton/logic...

My room actually smells like berry mix the last few days! ;) finally I'll not be ashamed to bring people round. :-)

well eight days now without a fag:Dthe thought of one hasnt even crossed my mind!looking forward to a few beers and vaping away to my hearts content later.

Keep it up boss, i'm @ day 12 here and i couldn't be better for it!

This week was tough now with the coughing but that'll pass as the analogs clear out of my system! :)

tnx mate:)just had an ohhh yeahhh moment when i went on passthrough for the first time since last weekend lol

Advertisement