Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think the world will end on 21st of december 2012?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

i told my bank that i have only 12 months morgtage repayments left, as the world will end in december :eek:.
    he did not believe me :rolleyes:.
    a rather large security chap showed me the way out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

gurramok wrote: »
    So the Mayans are extinct, did they forecast their own extinction?!
    That might come as a bit of a surprise to these people. :D

PS They don't believe the world will end this year.

That might come as a bit of a surprise to these people. :D

PS They don't believe the world will end this year.
    It's a bit like the Romans being extinct; and replaced by Italians.

With the exception of the 160,000 or so who would naturally die that day, the world will go on for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

OP should have his internet license revoked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

It's a bit like the Romans being extinct; and replaced by Italians.
    Someone from Rome, ie a Roman might disagree with you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Craebear wrote: »
    OP should have his internet license revoked.

This process takes a year to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

No, but I imagine it'll be a great excuse for a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 doomsday

:D
    Ask me again on the 22nd of december 2012:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope it fcuking does, planet Earth and the human race disgust me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Only someone with really low mental capacity would believe this. The same idiots who believe in ghosts, tarot cards, etc.

It has to end one day, so there is just as much chance of the world ending that day as any other.

I reckon we will all be wiped out by a meteorite.............. on December 21, 2012. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

No.

And actuall since we've adjusted the calendar to include the leap year, which is something the mayans didn't do, their calendar actually should have ended about a year ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Mayan calendar was/is also about renewal, the ending of a cycle and renewal of another one.
    If the actual daft uneducated nuts would actually go and study the topic in detail they would know this instead of talking just tabloid style rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It had better not end before Christmas. I'll definitely need new socks by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sarky wrote: »
    It had better not end before Christmas. I'll definitely need new socks by then.

And I'll need a new pair of boxers. Only one pair, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

hope not, its my birthday that day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Happy Birthday!!!! :)

(Just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Yeah? Cool. It's my birthday on the 20th. We can have a joint birthday/end-of-the-world party.

Hell, if the Mayans got it right, we won't even have any hangovers to put up with. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

no i dont think it will end on december the 21st 2012 because i know already it will end with the sun dwarfing the earth millions of years from now..unless we find a way to overconsume,overbreed and destroy this planet which i think is more likey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 kiwimad

No. And if it does... Well at least there'll be no-one around to say "I told you so!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

No ,but i hope all the idiots who think so will :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The only reason the poxy mayan calander ends on that date is because they were all wiped out and they had no time to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i wonder how this thread is going to end up about refugees, transsexual acceptance or the football...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

if it wasnt for the refugees than the transexuals would be able to play football and live past 21/12/12

Advertisement