Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV has no audio , is it possible to get it on it?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

2years ago i installed 2 cctv cameras out in our shed to spot cows calving, I have no audio but still they are a great help . I put the 2 cctv cables under the ground from the shed to my house which is approximately 120 meters long . These are the cameras I installed which I got in maplin in Blanchardstown http://www.maplin.co.uk/sentient-super-nightvision-cctv-camera-228205
    I was trying to put in something that would pick up sound in shed and run it through 1 of the cctv camera cables which will be working the cameras at the same time ? Can any1 help with this cause the audio would be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

its easy to do ........but firstly what are you viewing the cctv on (monitor or tv set):)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there audio on the cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Fat Cant

its easy to do ........but firstly what are you viewing the cctv on (monitor or tv set):)

Its a tv

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there audio on the cameras?

No theres no audio on the cameras .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need cameras with audio or else fit seperate microphones with feeds up.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will need cameras with audio or else fit seperate microphones with feeds up.

Thanks for the reply .
    I think il keep the cameras that I have , if I do buy a microphone would it be possible to run tap into them off the camera cable that is already in use ?
    It would be alot of hassle putting down a new cable to the house for a microphone

You could ,using a modulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You will need a new pair for the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

What sort of cables did you run to the shed?

ricfeen wrote: »
    What sort of cables did you run to the shed?

Its a cable like whats in the link
    http://www.griyatekno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_88&products_id=388

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

How did you connect them to the RCA cable on the camera?

Advertisement