Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bazinga's Book Log

Options
  • 20-01-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

I've made it my New Year Resolution to make sure to read a lot more :) So I've decided to keep a log here! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I read this in school and absolutely loved it. It's themes are amazing. Basically the story follows a young William Beech, a boy who has been evacuated to the country during World War II. William comes from an abusive home and is shocked to be placed in the loving care of Mr.Tom. Mr.Tom and William form an extraordinary bond.

The story contains many ups and downs for young William, being ripped from his new found happiness and back into the clutches of his abusive mother. William also, develops many friendships with the children of the countryside, especially with Zach, a strange boy from London. Zach and William become best friends until a fatal event changed poor Zach's life.

I would most definitely give 8 out of 10 for its wonderful themes and great plot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Cannot Believe I Forgot About This!! On the bright side.. I've been reading!

I read the Help a few days ago and fell in love with it. It's an outstanding read. It resolves around 3 characters living in a very segregated world of Mississippi in the 1960's.

The main characters are Aibileen and Minny (two black maids working for white ladies) and Skeeter (a white lady who isn't very happy with the way things are ran).

This book is an absolute must read, from Poo Pies to Weird Naked Men Outside Your Window (W**king I might add) to Shocking Truth About How Things Used To Be. This is a MUST READ!!

I'm about to Read J.D. Saleinger's Cater In The Rye Next! Should Be Good! :D

Advertisement