Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madness!

Options
  • 20-01-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

You can tell me to mind my own business. You can tell me that’s the way it is now. I have just slapped my hands to my face (smack!). My chin has hit the floor (fhump!) and I’ve just said those words, O.M.G.

I’ve been doodling around here in Boards in places I don’t usually go, and I popped into Dublin City threads and someone wants to know where they can get cupcakes, delivered for a gift. Someone else replied “my wife does them, €15 for 6, €24 for 12, Delivered, of course”

It’s eggs, flour, sugar, butter, and a bit of creative icing. I’ve been making them since I was a child. I’m unemployed. What am I thinking! Get in that kitchen and make dem fairy cakes!

And what’s all this thing about getting fish to nibble the dead skin off your toes? For the love of all that’s holy. I don’t usually swear but #*/^#%!

Are they mad or wha? Aw lads, I’m staying in here where there might still be a grain of common sense. It's wild out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Keep to the path Jelly

There be Monsters

sea_monster.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Hey! Monster! You're only supposed to exfoliate. Aaarrgh!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Jellybaby1 wrote: »

I’ve been doodling around here in Boards in places I don’t usually go, and I popped into Dublin City threads and someone wants to know where they can get cupcakes, delivered for a gift. Someone else replied “my wife does them, €15 for 6, €24 for 12, Delivered, of course”
    Are they mad or wha? .

How many times have we told you not to doodle....you'll come to a bad end doodling so you will....nothing good comes from doodling...:p

Yes JB...when cup cakes first came out at those prices, I reacted the same as you...they plonk a bit of icing on toP of them...gives them a "modern" look...or something...
    Anyway....fools all who buY them at those prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Something else someone mentioned last night. (Maybe in here somewhere) Buns!

Now they are called Muffins and cost a fortune EACH and often have little American flags on the wrapping.

Fer gawds sake learn to turn the bleedin oven on.

And as for sticking yer feet in a bowl of water and fish? Take a bleedin bath!!

And who the heck knows what decrepit feet have been in there before you?

The new one ." Lose weight fast and defoliate by climbing into a cage with a hungry tiger. Also helps the bowels."

Yes it bugs me a bit too, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you facepalmed for cupcakes and jawdropped at fish pedicures I dread to think of the reaction when you discover the joys of After Hours. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    cupcakes

Translation into Olspeak: Fairy Cakes.

The most ordinary buns ever. We learnt to make them in primary school. Never really fancied them since. Yes, Jellybaby, weep!

OG - AH is an education! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I guess if Irish people (other than Galwegians of course) are prepared to pay vast sums for bottled water, then 2.50 for a bun is understandable..

Btw...Galway has got the all clear on its water supply but I can understand people still being reluctant to use it without boiling first,
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WaterandDrainage/WaterSupply/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babykate08

do bear in mind when you are considering a food business, you must register with the HSE by law - they will come and inspect your house/workshop and you will also need public liability insurance - i run a preserves business and once you get these items in place your good to go. best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My 'doodling' will be the end of me, I will have to stop doing that. And guys I rarely go anywhere near AH. Now that's one mean and scary place, that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

babykate08 wrote: »
    do bear in mind when you are considering a food business, you must register with the HSE by law - they will come and inspect your house/workshop and you will also need public liability insurance - i run a preserves business and once you get these items in place your good to go. best of luck with it.

Mod: Hya Babykate. Just a reminder to you that you shoule be aware of the Terms and Condidions Of Boards.ie in relation of premoting your own business. Although you have not names or put in contact details you are sailing close to the edge here. Be aware that you will be banned from Boards.ie is you continue to only post about your home business.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement