Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football club for 5 year old?

• 20-01-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a football club that will take a 5 year old? Living in town near the Crescent so preferably somewhere not too far out. Any info or help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

http://www.regionalunited.ie/index.html
    http://www.summervillerovers.com/index.html

Regional would be one of the bigger ones that side of town or Summerville Rovers in Ballinacurra.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

do you mean football or soccer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

if its soccer you mean, try Limerick FC Academy, they train kids that age in the Delta Soccer dome in Ballysimon. My kids play with them and they love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

Mungret fc out by mungret village, Regional Fc near the crescent shopping centre or summerville fc near Lidl on childers road are all good clubs that cater for kids football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Summerville Rovers, in Ballinacurra gardens - or else I'd say, try Limerick FC, Top quality academy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

isnt Limerick fc academy held out in the all weather pitch out in Corbally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I have a feeling the OP means the Crescent on O'Connell Street rather than the shopping centre in Dooradoyle.

The delta soccer dome idea is a good one. I think I heard Tommy Barrett is involved in it. Really nice bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

It varies on age and time of year afaik, at least that's how they ran it when I used to be on the committee.

Yes Tommy is below too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Limerick FC use both corbally and delta but at present the Wed sessions are in delta and the younger kids are also in Delta on Saturdays. Lots of 4 and 5 yr old kids there, they are well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

banjobongo wrote: »
    if its soccer you mean, try Limerick FC Academy, they train kids that age in the Delta Soccer dome in Ballysimon. My kids play with them and they love it.

Very popular due to the Club, coaches and parents who run it and the great thing is their learning how to play good football and really enjoy it at the same time.

Unfortunetly too many clubs in many sports seem to only care about winning (yes, even at this early age!) and end up with the big guy at the back lumping it up to the big guy up front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement