Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peerwise?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Just had a look at Physics Module Mark up and see there's 15% for Peerwise, starting on Week 7...
    Anyone able to fill me in?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I did this last year with Vincent Casey, Basically you have to post Physics questions online for your peers and answer ones that your peers have posted, there is a quota for asked/answered to get the marks.

Each milestone that is reached you receive a "Badge" and you try to get all the badges. This might seem a silly exercise but I know guys who only did the minimum in the last few days before it closed and failed the module,

I think I posted 10 questions (get a good physics book from the library) on the first few days and spent a half hour every few days to answer questions.

you can tap away at if when your surfing Boards or facebook.

I felt sure that I had failed the final exam as I wrote practically nothing on the answer sheet (I prefer Chemistry) but still came out with a B2 so he put a lot of weight on the continuous assessment portion of the module.

I'll check later to see if I can still access the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Cheers,
    Sounds tricky actually,
    Such a large percentage going for it as well,
    Same amount as labs,
    Start Week 7 though so will have plenty of time to think up some questions and hopefully predetermine questions that will be asked and have answers ready :)
    Have Vincent Casey as well,
    Having never done Physics before, he goes WAY too fast for me,
    So have to try and piece together bits and pieces from the things I do pick up in lectures.
    They're much harsher in respect to the attendance this year,
    Missed about 60% of lectures last year (purely because I couldn't understand what he was doing and always tired going into his lectures, and didn't want to seem rude by dropping off in his lectures) so this'll be a change :P
    I'll try and fit a golden week into this semester :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cheers,
    Sounds tricky actually,
    Such a large percentage going for it as well,
    Same amount as labs,
    Start Week 7 though so will have plenty of time to think up some questions and hopefully predetermine questions that will be asked and have answers ready :)
    Have Vincent Casey as well,
    Having never done Physics before, he goes WAY too fast for me,
    So have to try and piece together bits and pieces from the things I do pick up in lectures.
    They're much harsher in respect to the attendance this year,
    Missed about 60% of lectures last year (purely because I couldn't understand what he was doing and always tired going into his lectures, and didn't want to seem rude by dropping off in his lectures) so this'll be a change :P
    I'll try and fit a golden week into this semester :)

Come up with some really hard questions to hurt other people's marks, that way you'll seem more awesome. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Genius.
    Fúck ye students with previous experience in Physics :D
    A question with no fixed answer...
    I'll just take questions from the book and switch the numbers with imaginary numbers >:]
    Can't get the square root of a minus or 0 :)
    Whilst I come in and answer the one liners :D
    God I hate Physics :pac:

Advertisement