Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring contacts to iPhone

• 20-01-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Hope someone can help me, a mate of mine just got a new iPhone through the job and the problem is it is with Vodafone and he is currently with Meteor. It looks like he is going to lose all his contacts from his old sim, i have a sim free phone and was messing about earlier to see if i could copy numbers to a micro sim, but it looks like a normal mobile cannot read the micro sim, bit weird as i seen it done before on my phone when i changed last year as they saved my contacts to the shop phone and then to the micro sim.
    Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or if there is another way to transfer the contacts, as we all know it is a pain losing all contacts or having to put them in one by one.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What phone have they got at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Sony ericsson, have heard if they save there contacts to their pc they might be able to transfer then to the iphone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

just cut down their existing "normal" sim and then insert that sim and import contacts.

Or get one of those sim contacts copy things, and a micro<normal sim adoptor and do a transfer.

Kinda annoying though, why apple went with the microsim, should atleast give you an adoptor as part of the standard kit.

kceire wrote: »
    just cut down their existing "normal" sim and then insert that sim and import contacts.

Or get one of those sim contacts copy things, and a micro<normal sim adoptor and do a transfer.

Kinda annoying though, why apple went with the microsim, should atleast give you an adoptor as part of the standard kit.

Don't want to risk damaging the old sim, it is a meteor sim so not sure it would work in the iPhine as it is with vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't want to risk damaging the old sim, it is a meteor sim so not sure it would work in the iPhine as it is with vodafone

agh right, sure it wont work anyway. get it unlocked then do the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

guil wrote: »

^ Do this and then sync the iPhone with windows contacts and he's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Marco Polo 1990

Howdy,

Hope someone can help me, a mate of mine just got a new iPhone through the job and the problem is it is with Vodafone and he is currently with Meteor. It looks like he is going to lose all his contacts from his old sim, i have a sim free phone and was messing about earlier to see if i could copy numbers to a micro sim, but it looks like a normal mobile cannot read the micro sim, bit weird as i seen it done before on my phone when i changed last year as they saved my contacts to the shop phone and then to the micro sim.
    Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or if there is another way to transfer the contacts, as we all know it is a pain losing all contacts or having to put them in one by one.
    Cheers

green marshan,i am almost certain that this can be done.a friend of mine had the same issue without going down the sim free route.i will have to ask and see,as he had the same phone for the past 15 years and decided to finally up grade to an iphone.i will check and let you know.if i am mistaken i would suggest that your friend get a pen and paper and start taking note of his numbers

green marshan,i am almost certain that this can be done.a friend of mine had the same issue without going down the sim free route.i will have to ask and see,as he had the same phone for the past 15 years and decided to finally up grade to an iphone.i will check and let you know.if i am mistaken i would suggest that your friend get a pen and paper and start taking note of his numbers
    why on earth would he start writing down numbers, it's easy to transfer them to the pc through SE pc suite and then sync to the iphone

guil wrote: »
    Eoin wrote: »
    ^ Do this and then sync the iPhone with windows contacts and he's sorted.

Cheers guys all sorted, he used the above link and it worked a charm.

Thanks for all the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement