Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separating Voice from Background Music

Options
  • 20-01-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. Im trying to separate the voice from the background music in this video -

I'm usually pretty handy with most audio/video editing but separating vocals and music is always something I've struggled at, and I know it's pretty basic excercise to most. Has anyone any tips, or would a gentlemanly scholar care to take a shot? Thanks! :o

(It's going to form part of a super cheesy montage with different background music I want to have that voice over, or at least reduce the background music so I can mess around with the levels and have it pretty unnoticeable)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Am I wrong, or does the description with the video offer a link where you can download the voice seperately?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G0D

It's the same clip as the video unfortunately.

I've tried everything. If it were getting rid of the vocals, I could do it, but getting rid of the background music is much trickier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Any idea what the song is? You could separate them quite easily if you had an instrumental version.

Maybe it's time to hire a voice actor? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G0D

m83 wrote: »
    Any idea what the song is? You could separate them quite easily if you had an instrumental version.

Maybe it's time to hire a voice actor? :D

That would have been my first thought! That's how I usually go about it, albeit not to a great standard but it gets the job done - but can't do it this time as I think it's just a piece of music made for that advertisement so wouldn't have an instrumental floating about :(

Advertisement