Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Warranty

Options
  • 20-01-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi looking for some advice,

I'm buying a blackberry curve second-hand on an Irish website. The itself has a craked screen, but the current owner of it says I can get it fixed on it's warranty since it is only a few months old. He has no receipt for the phone and If i buy it I will only get the phone and nothing else.

If I do buy the phone, how do I prove to blackberry that I have a warrent.

Any advice,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

You need to have proof of purchase - i.e original receipt.

Physical damage (such as a cracked screen) would be deemed as an out of warranty repair and would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭jeremyr62

The question to ask is if it can be repaired under warranty, why doesn't the seller get it repaired? Easier to sell it with a functioning screen then surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

jeremyr62 wrote: »
    The question to ask is if it can be repaired under warranty, why doesn't the seller get it repaired?

That's the main question alright. Sounds like the seller is trying to scam you imo. Lack of a receipt isn't a good sign either, not that it will help in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

If you are only getting the phone, shouldn't alarm bells be ringing? I would assume at best the phone was found or stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If the screen is cracked it's highly unlikely it would be covered by a warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement