Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting ESB switched back on-Few Months?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,I'm posting this for a family member.

They had a tennant in offices that left November 2009 who left an unpaid bill behind him, and the esb was subsequently cut off for the office. The office is part of a building that also has a shop that he owns, but the shop is in his name and still has ESB in there

He enquired about getting the ESB switched back on in the offices as he had a perspective tennant interested in moving in in about 3 weeks. However,he was told that as it was over two years, that it might take several months for this to happen.

Can you give any info on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

As far as I know if it's been off for 2 years it needs to be re-certed an costs a fair bit to get it re connected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi UrbanSea,

As bassey has correctly pointed out above, if a property has been without power for over 2 years, the reconnection process is slightly more complicated, and is also more costly.

In addition to having the connection certified by a regisitered electrical contractor, you would need to submit an application form, ordnance survey map and site map to:

ESB Networks Services Bureau
    PO Box 29
    Garrycastle
    Athlone
    Co Westmeath

For more information on the timescale and costs involved, you would need to contact ESB Networks directly.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Alright thanks David

Advertisement