Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are beards cool?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭XenaLady

Confab wrote: »
    Let me make it clear. I was making a joke about willies. On topic, I think beards are awful.

what do you think I was calling unhealthy? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Beard here. Have one for years. I look really freaky without it. I'd shave my head before I'd get rid of the beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

yes to beards \o/ Beards are hot and feel so lovely yummm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I have been (not) shaving for a week now . I feel like I have a blank canvas to work on to make myself look like a hansom hunk.

Recommend me a sex magnet style:D

Depends on the style, the face, the confidence of the beard-bearer.

I do think most men look better with a bit of facial hair, but I find the very complicated trims less attractive than the little-bit-rough-and-ready look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

All these people that never heard of razors or is it razor blades, I do wonder what has our education system come to :);)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    No. But chicks dig sideburns.
    Also known as buggers grip :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Are beards cool?
    They are nice and warm, which you'll notice if you eventually shave it off in the middle of winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Not a fan, but each to their own. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mind you, my beard is ****. I have to shave it off every 2 months because it retains too much tea in the moustache at that stage. I refuse to trim or tame it in any way.

It's a **** when it's a light colour. I shave my crappy tache off often enough because some of the hair gets stained and it just looks manky. It's not like skin that ya can get the colour out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

As has been said they can be handy in winter time. Also some people with bad skin might find a bushy beard a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Giselle wrote: »
    Depends on the style, the face, the confidence of the beard-bearer.

I do think most men look better with a bit of facial hair, but I find the very complicated trims less attractive than the little-bit-rough-and-ready look.

I friggin hate those "I spent 20 hours trimming my beard & I used a ruler to make sure it was even" type beards. You can't trust a bloke with a beard like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I shave every day.
    Have to because

Day 1 lazy bastard.
    Day 2 I feel a bit scruffy.
    Day 3 people start to comment.
    Day 4 have a wash and shave you dirty bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I shave every day.
    Have to because

Day 1 lazy bastard.
    Day 2 I feel a bit scruffy.
    Day 3 people start to comment.
    Day 4 have a wash and shave you dirty bastard.

I understand,

but you may not suit the look.

I spent 45 euro(not masive) on a stubble trimmer today. But its worth it.

It looks good and my bird rode me. beat that.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I friggin hate those "I spent 20 hours trimming my beard & I used a ruler to make sure it was even" type beards. You can't trust a bloke with a beard like that.
    Groomed beards do look ridiculous alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I have a bit of a tommy tiernan salt & pepper thing going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I like zee beard, so does my fella.

Should he keep his beard on the wedding day?
    I say yes he doesn't agree, I don't see anything wrong with it, we're hardly traditional or conventional ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I have a bit of a tommy tiernan salt & pepper thing going on.

There are two types of irish beards. The ginger beard, despite the owner having a brown or blond head of hair; and the once black, now greying in a salt & pepper fashion beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I truly recommend not shaving for at least six months. Only then can say you once had a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Splinkk

I love beards. If I was a man I definitely reckon I'd grow one.

My boyfriend has one and he's the biggest ride ever :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I grew a massive beard when I lived up in the Rockies in Canada. I also wore a lot of lumberjack shirts. I kinda felt I had to. These days I have a trim beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

I love beards. Think James Brolin in the original Ammityville and thats physically my dream guy. I only ever really dated guys with beards too and ended up marrying a a guy with a beard. All my friends would laugh because my tastes were so specific. Big tall strong men who look like they can chop a load of wood and have a beard!. Can wear a suit with the beard and look handsome like Brolin. A man who drive's a big unenviromental car, eats red meat and doesnt recycle glass bottles.
    Not a crusty musical hippy type though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Yeah in opposite land!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I have a beard to hide my fat face.

I shave maybe a couple of times a year, the rest of the time I just use hair clippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm kinda fair-haired but my facial hair is a mix of black, white and ginger! It is only after about a week that it is kinda noticeable, so after a week it is usually shaving time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

I have had a goatee for the last 12 years. I grew it because I have a baby face (look about 5 - 10 years younger than my actual age without it) and because I kept nicking a mole on my top lip when I shaved.

I have shaved it twice in that time and have had mixed reactions. Everyone says I look younger. Some like it, some don't. The crucial decider though is that my wife asks me to grow it back because she prefers me with it.

She does like me to keep it trimmed though so she bought me a trimmer and on leisurely Saturday mornings she does the trimming for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Forget about growing a beard purely for aesthetic reasons - it will attract and repel in equal measures, especially those exotically trimmed beards that make you look like you stare at yourself in mirrors or you’ve been blowing down a drainpipe. Grow a beard for reasons of laziness or environmental protection. Trim it to the skin once a fortnight and use the time saved by not shaving for useful stuff…like sleeping or encounters of a cannoodling(?) nature. Save wheelbarrows full of watts and / or water, thereby saving the planet the easy way while exuding an air of sacrificial divil-may-caredness. That’s way cooler, man! “I might be ugly but I’m making the world a better place.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Grew a big beard after finishing a job and travelling a few years ago - started it the day I left the job as a disguise! Have had one on and off since then. Have one now. But I'll never be one of those fellas who grow a beard forever. Every month or so I get jumpy and need a clean, smooth face.

My wife loves the beard and complains when it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Me and my beard:

Half out of laziness, and half out of having a beard before (grew a full beard before when I broke my right elbow), and growing it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

Beards are ok but I never trust anyone who has a goatee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Beards are very popular with the peadofilic community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Beards are very popular with the peadofilic community.

How so? Do a Google image search of "Convicted paedo" and see what you come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Beards are made of Awesome and of Mental. For a few lucky ones our beards are awesomely mental and so life is sweet.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement