Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owning a mobile home in Donegal

• 20-01-2012 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys, sorry im quite new to using boards. Recently i have considered owning a mobile home in the Bundoran/Rossnowlagh area of donegal mainly because i do a lot of surfing in this area. My plan was to purchase a mobile home quite cheaply from a website such as donedeal and then to put it in a mobile home/ caravan park in the bundoran/rossnowlagh area.. Does anybody know if this is possible and what the costs involved per year may be?? I rang one caravan park in donegal and they said i would first have to buy a very expensive mobile home from them and then pay a further 1500 euro per year to keep it on there park.... Does any body know more about this matter or names of any caravan parks in this area?, obviously the cheapest option would be preffered, ideally. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Thats the story with most caravan sites, buy a new or s/h caravan for big buck, joining fee and then site fess after that..............get yourself a camper van, cheapest option and your not stuck to one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Or consider a real house when prices hit rock bottom but low prices might be misleading due to the impending property tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

I second on the camper van, spent two months touring the rockies in a 75 volkswagen van...best touring of my life:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

<snip>

<snip> Boards.ie Isn't a platform for you to advertise.

• Advertisement

All is good until you no longer wish to pay the site fees of park and move on. Even if you have a buyer to transfer mobile on to, park owner will not allow you to sell it on even if they agree to terms and conditions and want to take over site fees. This is usually because site only want to sell his own mobiles instead. So what do you do with your mobile when you want to move away from rental? Site manager will now even buy it off you at half the price he charged you maybe a year or two prior to this.

Advertisement