Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringworm

• 20-01-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Lexi has ringworm :mad: just noticed the bald patch on her. She is due into the vets anyway tomorrow to get weighed so will get her checked out. I am worried as we have an 11 year old pup in the house the last 2 days. I am bringing her to the vets tomorrow as well to get vaccinated and then she is going to rescue.

Tilly is going to the vet as she seems to have trouble breathing, coughing etc so I hope this wont affect her.

Am so pissed off, we have had such trouble with Lexi trying to get her weight up and now this. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi Tillygirl, I'm really sorry but you are going to have to keep her completely seperated from all the other dogs. I'd also worry that the pup may be the source of origin so until you can be confident it didn't come from the pup - keep them both separate from the other dogs and from each other (probably no easy task). It's highly contagious, my Westie got it from a stray kitten I brought into the house, it took a couple of weeks before it cleared up and was safe to let her back near other animals and the kids. Lot of hassle for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I thought it came from the pup but she is only here 2 days and I read online it takes 10-12 to show up on the skin.

I will keep Tilly & Ozzie seperate tonight and bring them to the vet tomorrow. So frustrating. Its just one thing after another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I thought it came from the pup but she is only here 2 days and I read online it takes 10-12 to show up on the skin.

You could be right there actually, the kitten was long gone before it showed up on my dog, having multiple animals in the house is head-wrecking when things like this happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I was in the vets 13 days ago with Lexi and there were two other dogs there so its more than likely from them. So annoying the OH is away all next week for work and had planned on putting her into daycare for two days but obviously cant now.

Advertisement