Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newport RI J1 2012

Options
  • 21-01-2012 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

anyone hitting up newport Rhode Island this summer??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

Ye me and another girl are thinking of it alright! Sounds like a good spot, bit worried that no one else on boards seems to be heading there though! bad sign?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Plunketer ne dan

Myself and three others are heading to newport for the summer its supposed to be a good seasonal town so there should be plenty of jobs! also my house mates spent the summer there last year and they had no problem gettin jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 75

Hey, myself and 4 other girls are planning on going there too...anyone know what its like to get accommodation??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Plunketer ne dan

I havnt found any accomodation yet! Do you know any good sites were you could find some. We have a gang of 10 going from ul and cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

My Girlfriend is from close to there, but we live in NH. Let me know if there are any questions on the area.

• Advertisement

we have been looking at craigslist, they have some good spots and it is good for looking for jobs too!! All of us are from UL aswell!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John345

Have you's had any luck sorting accommodation? Myself and 3 other lads are heading over on June 10th but haven't sorted anything yet

No we haven't found any acc yet, we've had a look alright but things are a bit dear cos theres only 4 of us! Heres a group on FB, so any acc we find we can post on it!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/231925113553311/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Smugglers90

I was in Newport on a J1 2 years ago. Great spot!! All managed to pick up 1 or 2 jobs each.

In terms of accommodation, it can be very expensive. It is a very wealthy town. Great for jobs but can be very pricey. There were 4 of us in a 2 bed apartment and think we paid $2,500 each for rent including utilities for the 3 months.

The only advice I can give you is that its probably worth the extra money to try and get a house on Thames Street if you can. We lived just off Thames Street so we had noise restrictions. If you live on Thames Street I believe you are only tied to the commercial noise restrictions, so the same as the bars there. Might have changed in the last few years but if it hasn't you could save quite a bit of money on fines by living on Thames!!

Most of the local realtor's are good so they should know the details on those restrictions from the university students

• Registered Users Posts: 9 roo365

Wel. Anyone have any look finding accommodation? 2 of us heading out 1st week of june and have found nothing yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DonnaLou

Hi guys me and a few friends are thinking of heading to Newport RI this year is it good? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CNolan11

Got offered a job beside Newport for the summer and pretty much asking the same question as everywhere else! Any spots where Irish people tend to go? I know people going to Chicago and San Fran being told where the Irish hotspots are but haven't heard a tap about RI.. Would be nice to have some Irish humour about! Any info would be really appreciated :)

Advertisement