Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home security system

Options
  • 21-01-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys lookig to install a security system on my house. just wondering who you are with and how you find them .... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I put in a wireless alarm through AP Systems about 12 months ago after our house was broken into. They're great to deal with and the system isn't overly expensive.

http://www.apsystems.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Kilkenny communications are very reliable and will do a great job, he did a friends aunt's house and she was delighted with him.

http://www.kilkennycommunications.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I would also recommend Kilkenny Communications. They fitted a wire free alarm in my house about 4 years ago. Good service and haven't had any trouble since it was installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Where are you located?
    I would personally recomend MAC Alarms or Altor Security Systems
    Ive seen both companies work( extreamly tidy, efficient)
    Very friendly and fair prices
    Good luck on your hunt!

• Advertisement

Go for a self install if you want but id strongly advise to stay away from this stuff. Not trying to offend anyone
    Have a look at these
    HKC Quantum 70, Aritech, Siemens, Ge Simon 3/ XT, Powermax or HKC 10/70 would be one of the panels to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Go for a self install if you want but id strongly advise to stay away from this stuff. Not trying to offend anyone
    Have a look at these
    HKC Quantum 70, Aritech, Siemens, Ge Simon 3/ XT, Powermax or HKC 10/70 would be one of the panels to go for

If you plan on staying away from home for periods at a time and have valuables in the house you should look into IP cameras. They can be bought anywhere that sells security cams. I am going to buy one on eBay and see how it fares out.

The idea is that you leave the internet and the camera on when you are gone and then you can view the cam's real-time feed through a website (protected if necessary). It can be stored on a off-site file system for recording purposes (with motion detection software if space is an issue) in the event of any events.

I am thinking purely of getting one just to see what the dog gets up to when I'm not there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 waratahcam

Id also recommend Altor Security Systems - also good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

If you plan on staying away from home for periods at a time and have valuables in the house you should look into IP cameras. They can be bought anywhere that sells security cams. I am going to buy one on eBay and see how it fares out.

The idea is that you leave the internet and the camera on when you are gone and then you can view the cam's real-time feed through a website (protected if necessary). It can be stored on a off-site file system for recording purposes (with motion detection software if space is an issue) in the event of any events.

I am thinking purely of getting one just to see what the dog gets up to when I'm not there :)

i recently bought a 4 cam system from maplins for €370 and installed it at home..took a bit of time to install but it had a dvr that will record for 30 days ..it also has night vision and you just view it through your tv..

Whats the camera quality like on that kit? Between 500 -600 tvl would be norm now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Doctor C

What kind of prices have people been charged for their security systems - installation and annual payments??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Had Eircom Phone Watch guy in the house today doing a job and was asking him about a home cctv system. He said they are currently working on on which they hope to roll out pretty soon. It will have 24hr monitoring back up but likely to cost in the region of €2,000 to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Had Eircom Phone Watch guy in the house today doing a job and was asking him about a home cctv system. He said they are currently working on on which they hope to roll out pretty soon. It will have 24hr monitoring back up but likely to cost in the region of €2,000 to install.

Did they provide a quote for monitoring costs too out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Said he wasn't sure what they were going to be and probably will be some kind of offer to existing Phone Watch customers.

Was looking at http://www.netwatchsystem.com/homewatch but they don't have any prices up either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Checked Netwatch as well. They have a quote on the webpage of 10K+ per year for a business. Cant imagine it would be much different for a home as you would still have someone monitoring it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

We're with Ormonde Security. Not sure what the price is but we only have the alarm.

They were good to deal with. The guy who installed it came back to fix up the codes and then he came back again 2 weeks after to check that everything was fine.

Takes a bit of getting used to. We set it off 3 times in the first week. My sister woke the street at 7 one morning. My mother set it off at 12.30 one night and my dad set it off on a Sunday morning. At least it works anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Try ACT security, based in Waterford city, dont have a number for them. Very good, tidy work, done the alarm system in my mothers house 7 years ago. Never had any problems

Advertisement