Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 Military Box

• 21-01-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I recently found an old WW2 Box. Maybe used to carry ammunition / guns,

It has a very deteriorated marking and from what I can make out it says:
    _ _ _ _ _NDALE & SONS LTD 1939.

Would love to know more about it and if anyone has a a valuation would be great.

Thank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hi,

I recently found an old WW2 Box. Maybe used to carry ammunition / guns,

It has a very deteriorated marking and from what I can make out it says:
    _ _ _ _ _NDALE & SONS LTD 1939.

Would love to know more about it and if anyone has a a valuation would be great.

Thank

there are a lot in circulation and they are handy for storing things. I have one of the same vintage out in the shed. If I were prepared to pay money for one I probably would not pay more than 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mazimillion

Hi Fuinseog,

Thanks for that. I got a valuation from an Antiques dealer in Blackrock and they valued it it a fair bit more than €30.

They are handy for storing things and look pretty cools as well, if they are only going for €30 then I would hold on to it for sure.

Do you know anyone that restores these type of boxes?

Do you know anything about the Logo / Marking also?

Thanks,

Mazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hi Fuinseog,

Thanks for that. I got a valuation from an Antiques dealer in Blackrock and they valued it it a fair bit more than €30.

They are handy for storing things and look pretty cools as well, if they are only going for €30 then I would hold on to it for sure.

Do you know anyone that restores these type of boxes?

Do you know anything about the Logo / Marking also?

Thanks,

Mazi

I am by no means an expert here and it may well be worth more, though in my experience Irish antique dealers often inflate he price. Most collectors I know would not be terribly interested in it. headgear, medals, weapons and uniforms tend to be more sought after. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the markings.

Advertisement