Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy simple options for illness recovery

Options
  • 21-01-2012 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just gotten out of hospital and facing two weeks of recovery at home. With all the medication and the illness I am completely flattened and need to sit down to do even the simplest of tasks so cooking big dishes is not an option atm.

Any advice or recipes on simple/easy to cook lunches and dinners for recovery? I'm trying to eat healthily and don't want to fall into the "I haven't the energy so I'll have take away or toast" because I know that will slow down my recovery too.

I have someone to shop for me and will definitely do smoothies for fruit intake etc but any inspiration as to meals would be nice thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

I hope you feel better.. Hospital is tough.. My advice is lots of garlic, take arnica too.. Maybe a real natural probiotic if they had you on antibiotics..

Would you have enough strength to make soup?
    Rough cut onions, garlic and vegetables cooked in a few litres of water with an organic stock cube, whizz if you have a liquidiser or hand held whizzer (try to borrow one if u don't have one)...

Also, nice White fish in the oven with a little olive oil and pesto..Wilt some spinach in a pan.

Yum and healthy.

Keep warm, rest and a little exercise very few hours. Stay away from people with colds...get better..
    Shhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Shhh wrote: »
    I hope you feel better.. Hospital is tough.. My advice is lots of garlic, take arnica too.. Maybe a real natural probiotic if they had you on antibiotics..

Would you have enough strength to make soup?
    Rough cut onions, garlic and vegetables cooked in a few litres of water with an organic stock cube, whizz if you have a liquidiser or hand held whizzer (try to borrow one if u don't have one)...

Also, nice White fish in the oven with a little olive oil and pesto..Wilt some spinach in a pan.

Yum and healthy.

Keep warm, rest and a little exercise very few hours. Stay away from people with colds...get better..
    Shhh

Thanks. Improving now. Sticking with relatively simple stuff like poached eggs etc for now but will def try fish an maybe soup too. was brought dinner yesterday so happy days :)

Advertisement