Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners peeling after 1 month

Options
  • 21-01-2012 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Bought a pair of runners a month ago in champion sports and the back of the sole is pealing off. What are my rights as im bringing them back tomorrow with the reciept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under consumer law, goods should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable lifetime (assuming no undue wear and tear). I'm going to assume here that you haven't done anything excessive with the runners.

Therefore, you are entitled to one of the 3 "R"s - a refund, replacement or repair. The law doesn't specify which one has to be offered, but it should be acceptable to both parties (the retailer and the consumer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Cheers for that, they are actually runners i bought for the other half and she only leaves the house for school runs! Id be happy with replacement pair anyway. Thanks

Advertisement